Re: [SLN] Digest for swiftslocalnetwork@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 3 topics

Banstead Swifts

Jun 20, 2024, 4:11:24 PM (9 days ago) Jun 20
to swiftsloc...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for sharing Laurinda, it is fabulous.

On Thu, 20 Jun 2024, 20:58 , <swiftsloc...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Laurinda Luffman <Laurinda...@rspb.org.uk>: Jun 20 08:51AM

Morning All

For those of you who aren’t on TikTok, I thought you’d like to see the RSPB’s latest ‘Bird of the Week’ is the swift
RSPB (@rspb) Official | TikTok<https://www.tiktok.com/@rspb/video/7381516022563507488>

This brought a smile to my face, particularly the “pov” gif chosen to represent us swift fans 😊

Enjoy!

Laurinda

Laurinda Luffman
Head of Trusts & Foundations, RSPB Swift species lead
laurinda...@rspb.org.uk<mailto:laurinda...@rspb.org.uk>
07940 724242 (DD) | 01767 680 551 (Sbd)

[The RSPB avocet brand mark]<https://www.rspb.org.uk/>

UK Headquarters
The Lodge
Sandy
Bedfordshire
SG19 2DL
rspb.org.uk<http://www.rspb.org.uk/>
[The RSPB on Twitter]<https://twitter.com/Natures_Voice> [The RSPB on Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/TheRSPB> [The RSPB on Instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/rspb_love_nature>
________________________________
Protecting habitats, saving species and helping to end the nature and climate emergency.
Nature is in crisis. Together we can save it.

________________________________

The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) is a registered charity:
England and Wales no. 207076, Scotland no. SC037654.

This email and any attachments may contain material that is confidential, subject to copyright and intended for the addressee only. If you are not the named recipient you must not use, disclose, reproduce, copy or distribute the contents of this communication. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and then delete this email from your system. The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) is a registered charity in England and Wales no. 207076 and in Scotland no. SC037654.

The RSPB is committed to maintaining your data privacy. We promise to keep your details safe and will never sell them on to third parties. To find out more about how we use your information please read our online Privacy Policy: https://www.rspb.org.uk/privacy-policy/.
Edward Mayer <edward...@zen.co.uk>: Jun 20 09:14AM +0100

https://stadszaken.nl/artikel/5113/kabinet-maakt-regels-natuurinclusief-bouwen-voor-beschermde-vogels

Following a tip from Hannah sent to me by Mike Priaulx, I asked
Louis-Philippe Arnhem of SMS-Worldwide for the details of new
legislation being prepared in the Netherlands to ensure Swifts and other
co-domestic species can continue to nest in buildings, both old and new,
there. See the link above for the details. A great step forward. A great
example to show everyone! But will it ever happen here with our
seemingly utterly disinterested politicians? My MP (Labour) doesn't even
reply to my letters any more. One can only keep nagging them! Best
wishes, Edward
alofanglia <alis...@alofanglia.plus.com>: Jun 19 09:55PM +0100

That’s brilliant news! Congratulations on all the hard work that made it happen!
Alistair

Sent from my iPhone

You have received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.