The future homes hub commitments

Hannah Bourne-Taylor

Jun 29, 2024, 1:08:04 PM (4 days ago) Jun 29
to swiftsloc...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

The future homes hub commitments regarding swift bricks is the reason for the past govt declining to take any action. On the plus side, it’s promising that housebuilders are making these commitments however as with anything that is not mandatory, it’s very hard to tell what the reality will end up being.

With this in mind I together with political allies who have been so actively involved during the last year and many conservation NGOs, will be continuing to support the campaign to mandate swift bricks going forward. We have also started the ball rolling to campaign to afford nesting sites all-year-round protection.

Once we have the new government in place there are various politicians already proposing various actions so once there is a next step I will update everyone.

Very best,
Hannah

@EssendineSwifts

Jun 29, 2024, 4:12:16 PM (3 days ago) Jun 29
to swiftslocalnetwork
All year round protection would be great and very helpful! It should really be a given. As we all know.