Recommendation and case studies for swift bricks and soffit holes

Andy Bullen

Jun 26, 2024, 6:32:09 AM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to swiftsloc...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Can anyone provide Recommendations and case studies for swift bricks and soffit holes to pass on to my local Borough Council as they have agreed to specify them on all new Borough Council developments, subject to more information

Ideally they need the following:

1. Recommendations for bulk swift brick suppliers to Councils and developers  and costs

2. Design guides for soffits in new builds to accommodate swifts

It would be a great help to have some case studies and examples from other Councils

Any help will make a huge difference and will smooth the process

Thanks

Andy Bullen
SOSSSH
Swifts in West Norfolk

becky

Jun 26, 2024, 7:44:54 AM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to swiftslocalnetwork
Hi Andy

I replied direct to you and then thought actually it might be useful to share across the wider network :)

I have leaflets for all our products for integral and soffit use, as well as external boxes and products for external wall insulation. There's a guide as to how to install the soffit boxes as well. Happy to provide case studies and advice as required. I can't attach to the email on this group but I will share with anyone who wants them.

We are geared up to produce in bulk where needed. Costs are:
£36 for AfS S Brick
£29 Model 30
£25 Soffit Box
£33 Polymer box

The AfS S-Brick can be faced with your own brick frontage or render, is aesthetically neutral, leaving a small, but sufficient, entrance visible for the birds.

Once fitted, the AfS S-Brick requires no on-going maintenance or cleaning.

We also produce a model which is narrow enough to be embedded in External Wall insulation (EWI).

Some of the benefits of the AfS S-Brick compared to other swift bricks:

1. It is lighter weight and easier to install, occupying simply the same space as one brick within the outer course.
2. It is cheaper than other versions
3. It’s fully produced in the UK and now being accepted as the premier product for new build installations through the Future Homes Hub.
4. We can completely match the brick facings you are using within the development and therefore it is aesthetically neutral for a new build.
5. We have a range of sizes to suit any cavity width including timber frame developments.
6. We are also supplying many national developers, councils and housing associations across the country who are moving towards this as the solution for ecological requirements.
7. Feedback from site managers and ecologists is all positive.
8. If anyone wants advice or a case study for a particular solution we can provide this and are happy to provide expertise pro-bono.

The S Brick is a universal box - it works beautifully for swifts but also encourages other species such as house sparrows, tits and other cavity nesting species to nest in it. It is fully compliant with British Standard 40421:2022 for nest bricks / boxes and completely fireproof being made of galvanised steel.

In addition to all of that - we operate as a not for profit and support a number of swift conservation projects around the country. As we grow - so will this!

I hope that you will recommend us in the future, feel free to give me a call or email if you have any queries.
Thanks and all the best
Becky

AFS S Brick.pdf