For anyone in Buckingham area - Buckingham swifts

Hannah Bourne-Taylor

Jun 17, 2024, 8:25:41 AM (12 days ago) Jun 17
to swiftsloc...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
If there is still an active Buckingham swift group please could you get in touch with me?
I am doing an event with an MP candidate in Buckingham on 26th June about the campaign and would love to share the information with you in case you are able to come, and help spread the word.
Best wishes, Hannah

Sue Hetherington - Buckinghamshire

Jun 17, 2024, 6:35:38 PM (12 days ago) Jun 17
to swiftslocalnetwork
Hello Hannah
I'm listed as the contact for Buckingham on Edward Meyer's list.  However, I'm temporarily not living in Buckingham.  I would have LOVED to come and talk to the prospective election candidate for the constuency but I'm too far away at the moment.  I imagine you  might be talking about the Lib Dem candidate Dominic Dyer? (I might be totally wrong and you're meeting the Reform candidate ha ha!) Dominic Dyer sounds right as I know he's a passionate naturalist and was Chief Exec of the Badger Trust for 7 years.  Now, the constituency has been newly redrawn and is now Buckingham and Bletchley.  Bletchley is a part of Milton Keynes and there are lots of "swifties" in MK.  I've told you about Wolverton Swifts before, hope you found a contact for them?  Failing that, I can't think of anyone active in Buckingham.  I hope to be back soon, but not soon enough for the election.

elmrix67

Jun 18, 2024, 5:57:37 AM (11 days ago) Jun 18
to swiftslocalnetwork

Hi Hannah,
Yes!  we are active in Milton Keynes, there currently have 5  swift groups in different towns .
Let me know about the meeting or message me via fb messenger as we have spoken in the past
Thanks
Emma Rix
Save Wolverton's swifts and Martins