Sussex LNRS (Local Nature Recovery Strategy)

Mike Priaulx

Jun 23, 2024, 6:27:47 AM (6 days ago) Jun 23
to Digest recipients
Hello to Sussex residents,

The Sussex LNRS (Local Nature Recovery Strategy) consultation closes on 30th June,

it's very quick to fill in the single page of questions and there's no need to register:
The LNRS will be THE template for nature recovery in the area (there will be a separate LNRS for East Sussex, West Sussex, and Brighton & Hove, but at the moment there is a single consultation),

it's basically the new name for a Biodiversity Action Plan. Read more here:

Here's what I wrote to give you some ideas, but I suggest you use your own words - the most important theme is they consider buildings. NB there is a separate survey if you're an organisation.

1. [Where you live.]

2. Around your neighbourhood.

3. My street.

Reason: Swifts & house martins.

4. Old buildings.

Reason: Swifts & house martins nesting.

5. Swifts.

Reason: The sound!

House martins.

Reason: The sound!

6. Yes - within easy walking distance.

7. I've seen a decrease.

8. Fewer swifts and house martins.

9. Houses being renovated and nest sites lost.

10. Old buildings.

Species 1: Swifts.

Species 2: House martins.

11. Very concerned.

12. More nature near to where I live.

13-16. [About you - general.]

17. Please involve Hastings & Rother Swift Conservation, and House Martin Conservation UK.

Press Done until it says "Thank you..."

Let me know directly if you submit a comment, or have done already or otherwise involved.

Thanks,
Mike

Member of SLN Swifts & Planning Group

Mike Priaulx

10:17 AM (6 hours ago) 10:17 AM
to Digest recipients
Hi Sussex residents,

A reminder this quick but important LNRS survey closes on Sunday:
Main focus is for buildings habitat to be considered. Let me know directly if you've completed?

Many thanks, full details here:
Mike