Please use SAW to promote Welsh swift brick petition!

1 view

Ben Stammers

Jul 2, 2024, 6:25:01 AM (21 hours ago) Jul 2
to swiftsloc...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone

Just a quick reminder to please if you can give a plug to our new petition to get swift bricks into all new buildings in Wales.

Lots of us are doing events and publicity as part of Swift Awareness Week – if you’re able to use that platform to direct folk to the petition and encourage them to sign and share it, that’d be great! Any UK resident is eligible to sign, and we’ve got ‘til December to reach 10K signatures.

The different environmental legal landscape in Wales means we may have a better chance of getting legislation over the line here. And if we do manage it here, it would hopefully boost the campaign that Hannah and many of you have been working hard on in England – perhaps especially if there’s a different government in place in Westminster?

Here's the link: Legislate to ensure swift bricks are installed in all new buildings in Wales. - Petitions  (senedd.wales)

Or people can find it if they put ‘swift petition Wales’ into a search engine.

Diolch yn fawr / Many thanks!

Ben

Ben Stammers

Swyddog Bywyd Gwyllt a Phobl / Wildlife and People Officer

ben.st...@northwaleswildlifetrust.org.uk

01248 351541 / 07764897415

swift silhouette 1    Please help swifts by signing the petition:

Legislate to ensure swift bricks are installed in all new buildings in Wales. - Petitions  (senedd.wales)

cid:image002.jpg@01DAC956.42EE12C0   Cymraeg

Helen Lucy

Jul 2, 2024, 4:12:33 PM (12 hours ago) Jul 2
to swiftsloc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben, have you shared this petition link on the fb page all things swifts? Your argument that if it can get over the line in Wales it could only strengthen the case in England is persuasive, and there are many people that follow that page who aren’t in the SLN. Just a thought 🙂
Helen.