Linking libvk_swiftshader.so

jais.r...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2022, 7:44:41 AM7/19/22
to swiftshader
After compiling swiftshader sources we did try creating symbolic link between libvulkan.so --> libvk_swiftshader.so

When we executed vkmark benchmark it came up with below error: Can you pl guide ?

vkmark
MESA-INTEL: warning: Performance support disabled, consider sysctl dev.i915.perf_stream_paranoid=0

vulkan: No DRI3 support detected - required for presentation
Note: you can probably enable DRI3 in your Xorg config
WARNING: lavapipe is not a conformant vulkan implementation, testing use only.
../src/gallium/frontends/lavapipe/lvp_device.c:1216: VK_ERROR_FEATURE_NOT_PRESENT
Error: vk::PhysicalDevice::createDevice: ErrorFeatureNotPresent

Nicolas Capens

Jul 22, 2022, 12:37:19 AM7/22/22
to jais.r...@gmail.com, swiftshader
Thanks for your interest in SwiftShader!

The message indicates that Lavapipe was loaded instead of SwiftShader. For experimental purposes you can name the library libvulkan.so.1 (not libvulkan.so) to act as a substitute for the Vulkan Loader.

Otherwise, point the VK_ICD_FILENAMES environment variable to the vk_swiftshader_icd.json file path: https://vulkan.lunarg.com/doc/view/1.3.204.1/linux/LoaderDriverInterface.html#user-content-overriding-the-default-driver-discovery

Jaishankar Rajendran

Jul 25, 2022, 5:50:59 AM7/25/22
to Nicolas Capens, swiftshader
Hi Nicolas,

Thanks. vkmark benchmark uses libvulkan_intel.so. I tried linking libvk_swiftshader.so to libvulkan_intel.so. But it fails to launch stating
cdsart@bacdshost06:~/swiftshader/swiftshader/lib_so_files_20.04$ vkmark
Error: vk::Instance::enumeratePhysicalDevices: ErrorInitializationFailed

Can you pl guide?

Thanks,
Jai

Nicolas Capens

Jul 25, 2022, 9:39:31 AM7/25/22
to Jaishankar Rajendran, swiftshader
That sounds like a problem inside vkmark. I suggest filing a bug with them.