The relationship between swiftshader and gralloc、hwc in android emulator

Martin

Jul 11, 2021, 3:39:38 AM7/11/21
to swiftshader
Hi all !
As a beginner, I try to build an android emulator on Host without GPU(  emulator -gpu swiftshader_indirect ).
So I need to understand the relationship between swiftshader and gralloc、hwc.
In AOPS_build_dir/device/generic/goldfish-opengl/system/ ,  I found hwc2  and gralloc.
But,  this gralloc content  implements Host Transoprt in .../gralloc/gralloc_30.cpp, which needs to contact the  Host GPU.
In  AOPS_build_dir/external/swiftshader/,  I found it just implements the allocate function in Memory.cpp,which doesn't need to contact GPU .
So, are both mapper and hwc implemented using goldfish?
I don’t know if my understanding is correct. I hope to get your correction.
Best Regards.
Martin.

Martin

Jul 11, 2021, 10:59:21 PM7/11/21
to swiftshader
I tried on Android 11.
I have seen the talk  in  https://groups.google.com/g/swiftshader/c/Zjtdirb7iCw
But, it is temporarily planned to use OpenGLES