Which source code the SDK/emulator/lib64/gles_swiftshader/*.so were generated by?

Martin

Aug 3, 2021, 5:43:32 AM8/3/21
to swiftshader
Hi all ,
when I start a emulator
emualtor -avd avd_name -gpu swiftshader_indirect
the program will add library search path   "sdk/emulator/lib64/gles_swiftshader"
In order to realise the GPU software  emulation, the program will use the /gles_swiftshade/*.so
on the emu-master-dev branch of AOSP, I find the prbuilts  library of swiftshader in /external/android-emulator-build/common/swiftshader.
The prebuilt source packages are stored in /prebuilts/android-emulator-build/archive/, but the PACKAGES.TXT does not record the download address of swiftshader.
SO,  I have a doubt whether the SDK/emulator/lib64/gles_swiftshade/*.so  were generated by the source cod in AOSP/external/swiftshader ?

Nicolas Capens

Aug 3, 2021, 9:54:15 AM8/3/21
to Martin, swiftshader
Hi Martin,

I'm not directly involved with Android Emulator development, so I don't have a definitive answer, but it's probably worth noting that the "source of truth" repository for SwiftShader is https://swiftshader.googlesource.com/SwiftShader.

The downstream https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/swiftshader repository has only recently been made to follow the soure-of-truth closely, for the main branch. Other branches can have much older versions. Specifically, https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/swiftshader/+/refs/heads/emu-master-dev was last updated on November 19, 2018.

I'd also like to reiterate that the OpenGL ES code is deprecated and unmaintained (all build targets were removed from AOSP recently). Only "SwANGLE" (ANGLE + SwiftShader Vulkan) is supported by Google.

Good luck,
Nicolas

Message has been deleted

Yahan Zhou

May 11, 2023, 2:48:48 PM5/11/23
to swiftshader
Hi,

currently the emulator support SwANGLE with the flag `-gpu swangle_indirect` (on Linux), or `-gpu swiftshader_indirect` (on Mac). Please try it out and report issues to the emulator team.

Thanks