git-hooks permission denied

PeterKabin

Dec 9, 2021, 4:55:44 PM12/9/21
to swiftshader
Authenticated account here: https://swiftshader-review.googlesource.com/new-password , but that doesn't work.

Nicolas Capens

Dec 9, 2021, 10:01:42 PM12/9/21
to PeterKabin, swiftshader
Thanks for bringing this to our attention (and thanks for your interest in SwiftShader)!

I think I may have run into the same problem at some point, but authenticating my account and retrying the clone a couple of times made it succeed, if I recall correctly. Could you try it again?

The git-hooks repository isn't strictly necessary. You can also perform just a git clone https://swiftshader.googlesource.com/SwiftShader and then manually download https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/tools/hooks/commit-msg and place that in the .git/hooks directory.

On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 4:55 PM 'PeterKabin' via swiftshader <swift...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Authenticated account here: https://swiftshader-review.googlesource.com/new-password , but that doesn't work.

developandplay

Feb 23, 2022, 6:56:12 PM2/23/22
to swiftshader
I just tried the same thing and ran into the issue.
We should probably update the contributor guide to just this:
"manually download https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/tools/hooks/commit-msg and place that in the .git/hooks directory"

Nicolas Capens

Feb 25, 2022, 10:26:28 AM2/25/22
to developandplay, swiftshader
Thanks Martin for the heads up! I think our read access to this repository was too restrictive (only people manually given contributor privileges). I've broadened it to all registered users now. Please let me know if you run into any more issues, and thanks for helping us make the process easier!

developandplay

Feb 25, 2022, 11:30:20 AM2/25/22
to swiftshader
I can confirm that the access now works.
For the remaining issues I opened: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/221232298