Emulator crash in libGLESv2.so

Ming Jin

Apr 21, 2023, 5:35:00 PM4/21/23
to swiftshader
I am running Android Emulator 31 release on Arm64 machine. Sometimes it will crash. After tracking the caller, I found it crash in external/qemu/android/android-emugl/host/libs/Translator/GLES_V2/GLESv2Imp.cpp:3327, when calling
`ctx->dispatcher().glReadPixels()`
This function is inside libGLESv2.so which was included in emulator as "prebuilts", there is no debug information to show the real crash reason.
Anybody know about this crash? or How can I get arm64 debug build of libGLESv2.so to continue debug?

Ming Jin

Apr 22, 2023, 8:44:33 PM4/22/23
to swiftshader
Problem seems solved. Thanks this group, I found the source code which emulator used
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/swiftshader/
branch: emu-master-dev
  • It's quite old. After I rebuilt the libGLESv2.so from this source and apply, the emulator do not crash anymore.
  • So maybe the prebuilt aarch64 libGLESv2.so which emulator used is not compatible with AWS a1.metal.