River not flowing in SwiftRiver

edwin akabuilo

Apr 5, 2013, 8:18:25 AM4/5/13
to swift...@googlegroups.com
Hi all
I have installed swiftriver with the latest packages.
I have created a river, bucket and added two channels : Twitter and rss feeds.
However for some reason ..no feeds or twitter post can be retrieved or displayed.

Any Idea how I might troubleshoot this problem..

Thanks in Advance
Ed

Emmanuel Kala

Apr 5, 2013, 8:24:43 AM4/5/13
to swift...@googlegroups.com
Have you set up the background jobs in your crontab?

--
Regards,
Emmanuel Kala

edwin akabuilo

Apr 5, 2013, 8:27:46 AM4/5/13
to swift...@googlegroups.com
Yes I did.

Emmanuel Kala

Apr 5, 2013, 8:38:26 AM4/5/13
to swift...@googlegroups.com
Any messages in the logs?

application/logs/crawl.log, application/logs/process.log and daily application log file?
--
Emmanuel Kala
Open Source Crowdsourcing Tools

edwin akabuilo

Apr 5, 2013, 8:44:35 AM4/5/13
to swift...@googlegroups.com
Hi Emma

The logs is empty.. I can see cronjob error: php5: not found
Must I have a php5: in the command.
0,15,30,45 * * * * cd /path/to/swiftriver; php5 index.php --uri=process >> application/logs/process.log 2>&1
Do you know if all linux and unix support this command.?
I am running  FreeBSD Server

Emmanuel Kala

Apr 5, 2013, 8:48:29 AM4/5/13
to swift...@googlegroups.com
On some distros, the "php" command will suffice. Our docs are based on tests we run on Debian and Ubuntu Linux.

edwin akabuilo

Apr 5, 2013, 9:07:50 AM4/5/13
to swift...@googlegroups.com
Now I have some errors

/home/smallwor/www/worldproject.ch/SwiftRiver: Permission denied
Parameter Errors:
    uri - uri is not a valid option for this task!

Run

    php index.php --task=help --help

for more helpParameter Errors:
    uri - uri is not a valid option for this task!

Run

    php index.php --task=help --help

for more helpParameter Errors:
    uri - uri is not a valid option for this task!

Run

    php index.php --task=help --help

for more helpParameter Errors:
    uri - uri is not a valid option for this task!

Run

    php index.php --task=help --help

for more help

Emmanuel Kala

Apr 5, 2013, 9:15:37 AM4/5/13
to swift...@googlegroups.com
The guide on the wiki was still referencing the old unsupported args for background jobs hence the error(s). This has now been corrected. See the updated guide: https://wiki.ushahidi.com/display/WIKI/Installing+SwiftRiver#InstallingSwiftRiver-ConfiguringBackgroundJobs

Also make sure your application/logs and application/cache directories are writeable.

Thanks.

edwin akabuilo

Apr 8, 2013, 1:37:58 PM4/8/13
to swift...@googlegroups.com
HI

I am getting this error: Any Idea
2013-04-08 16:58:04 --- ERROR: Unable to obtain mutex in /home/smallwor/www/smallworldproject.ch/SwiftRiver/application/classes/Task/Crawler.php:24?

Thanks

Emmanuel Kala

Apr 16, 2013, 11:19:53 PM4/16/13
to swift...@googlegroups.com
Hi Edwin,

You're getting the error because the crawler is trying to acquire a lock that is not available. Locks using MySQL's GET_LOCK.  To free the lock - SwiftRiver_Crawler - , run the following statement on your MySQL server:

SELECT RELEASE_LOCK('SwiftRiver_Crawler');