Announcing Crowdmap Beta

Angela Oduor

May 6, 2013, 12:18:32 PM5/6/13
to swift...@googlegroups.com
Hey Folks!

We are now in Public Beta for Crowdmap!
Users requested greater functionality and flexibility for their maps and posts. Research prompted Brian and Evan to build a robust Crowdmap that is mobile first, post-focused with seamless integration across devices.

Some of the key features:-
  • Responsive. The website will work on any web-enabled device. You can use all the features on mobile, especially map and post administration.
  • Share everything. Your posts and maps are shareable on Twitter, Facebook or anywhere on the web with versatile embed codes.
  • Simplified configuration. We’ve focused on the settings that are most important to our Crowdmappers like collaborators, moderation and map styles.
  • Post independence. All posts live in the Crowdmap ecosystem, ready to be mashed up on any map.
  • Nerded out. 100% of the site is driven by an incredible API that will make developers salivate. We’ll be dropping documentation on this soon.
If you are a current Crowdmap Classic user, you can login to new Crowdmap with your existing email and password. We have more information on how to switch in our evolving User Guide. Creating an new account is easy. Just set up and go! If you need help, our wiki is here for you. We're having a google hangout to give a demo and answer questions tonight - http://bit.ly/YA4f7S

Read more about the great stuff Brian and Evan have been working so hard on over the past months.

Or better yet, sign up and take it for a spin ;).

Happy Crowdmap Day!
Angela Oduor.
Ushahidi Inc.
Platforms: Ushahidi | Crowdmap |
SwiftRiver
Mobile: iPhone | Android
+254 722 675468+254 733 675468 | Skype: ngelzy