Help - Invalid surveyed position

Paco Pozas

Oct 29, 2015, 4:02:12 AM10/29/15
to swiftnav-discuss
Hello everybody,

I bought the piksi kit two weeks ago and I am testing all the functionalities and settings now. It looks pretty well, but I have a problem. I would like to establish a known position to the piksi base, for that I introduce the coordinates (lat, lon and alt) in the Surveyed Position table of the Settings tab (Piksi Console). I introduce the lat and lon data in degrees and the alt in meters. After that I active broadcast, but I see "invalid surveyed position" message in the Console log.

For that, I can not see anything in the Solution tab - RTK Position.

I have read that the piksi that you connect to the piksi console is considered the rover piksi, but also that if you introduced a known point in the surveyed position table now the piksi connected to piksi console is the base piksi. I do not know how it works exactly.

I hope that someone can help me. Thank you.

Cheers,

Paco.

YL FENG

Oct 29, 2015, 7:06:07 AM10/29/15
to swiftnav-discuss
Hi,

Use the position in Single Point Position in Solution tab.

cheers

dzo...@swift-nav.com

Nov 2, 2015, 12:37:23 PM11/2/15
to swiftnav-discuss
Paco,
The entered base station position needs to be within 15 KM of the Single Point Position or the entered position will be rejected and you will receive the "invalid surveyed position" message in the console log.  Make sure to enter the position before toggling "broadcast" to "True".

Best,
Dennis

Clive Turvey

Nov 2, 2015, 9:19:56 PM11/2/15
to swiftnav-discuss
What position are you inputting to the software?

You need to be very careful interpreting NMEA position data, it's not in decimal degrees, but rather an awkward DDDMM.mmmm format that displays well for humans, but can result in positions dozens of miles for the actual location if not decoded properly.

Paco Pozas

Nov 6, 2015, 7:05:08 AM11/6/15
to swiftnav-discuss
Thanks a lot, now it works (I do not receive de error message) but I can not get the RTK Position :(

Clive Turvey

Nov 6, 2015, 12:59:33 PM11/6/15
to swiftnav-discuss
This has been covered here numerous times before, you'll need to share more specific information to be able to determine why,

Check that you are receiving multiple, common, satellites at each unit.

Check the radio connectivity, the radios have LEDs, the Piksi has a RED LED indicating it's receiving remote observations.

Check the observation pane on the console of the unit not getting the RTK position, or base line solution, make sure you have an adequate number of common satellites, and that it's attempting to resolve the ambiguities (IAR tending to ONE).

Paco Pozas

Nov 11, 2015, 2:42:07 AM11/11/15
to swiftnav-discuss
Thank you very much, I tried to obtain RTK precision yesterday and worked perfectly. I do not know exactly what happened before. This time I introduced the surveyed position in a Piksi, I disconnected it from my computer and power it with an external power supply. After that I connected the another Piksi to my computer and with the Piksi console I observed the RTK position :)

Dennis Zollo

Aug 29, 2019, 9:13:25 PM8/29/19
to swiftnav-discuss
As a minor update, for Piksi Multi the threshold is currently 50 meters as of firmware version 2.3. In other words, for Piksi Multi the entered base station position needs to be within 50 Meters of the Single Point Position or the entered position will be rejected and you will receive the "Invalid surveyed position coordinates. No base position message will be sent" message in the console log.  This threshold exists to try to help users avoid issues after moving a base station to a different location without updating the base station surveyed position settings.

Best,
Dennis