beginner's question: accidentally turned off debugger - how to reenable?

atru...@googlemail.com

Sep 26, 2016, 4:23:20 PM9/26/16
to swi-p...@googlegroups.com
Hello forum,

I use SWIProlog 7.2.3 on a Win7-computer and have just a few hours of experience with this tool. I've already used the graphical debugger some times, but somehow (sorry) I managed to turn it off; so all my queries to the fact base are solved without any debugging or tracing. What has gone wrong here, and how can I reeenable the debugger?

Unsucessful approaches I already tried:
trace.
debug.
[Menu: graphical debugger]

Thanks for any hint
atrus.

Ben Engbers

Sep 27, 2016, 7:51:57 AM9/27/16
to SWI-Prolog
The first line in my load.pl is ":-manpce." which starts XPCE Manual.

You either choose "Tools -> Prolog graphical tracer" or give the command ?- guitracer. to create a hook to the graphical debugger.

First enter "?- trace", followed by the predicate you want to test ?- test." and the graphical debugger will start.

Ben

atru...@googlemail.com

Sep 27, 2016, 9:26:37 AM9/27/16
to SWI-Prolog
Thanks Ben, I'll give it a try.
Yet I'm sure there was a setting which caught all queries, as soon as it was set....

Alan Baljeu

Sep 29, 2016, 12:05:42 PM9/29/16
to atru...@googlemail.com, SWI-Prolog
I have used the graphical debugger for years.  I know how to turn off the graphical debugger, but usually the things you tried would bring it back.  The abbrieviated command is

?- gtrace.

If you restart is the problem still there?

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 4:23 PM, atrus2711 via SWI-Prolog <swi-p...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hello forum,

I use SWIProlog 7.2.3 on a Win7-computer and have just a few hours of experience with this tool. I've already used the graphical debugger some times, but somehow (sorry) I managed to turn it off; so all my queries to the fact base are solved without any debugging or tracing. What has gone wrong here, and how can I reeenable the debugger?

Unsucessful approches I tried already:

trace.
debug.
[Menu: graphical debugger]