Jan 25, 2019, 11:14:30 AM1/25/19
Dear Prolog user,
SWI-Prolog 8.0.1 (stable) is available for download. As expected, the
main issues are related to ports and packaging. I think this version is
ready for building distributions and stable applications.
The development version is diverting rapidly. It provides portable saved
states and QLF files, multi-architecture support for foreign code in
saved state, a start for XSB compatibility, better support for HTTP REST
routing, enhancements to JSON reading and much more.
Enjoy --- Jan
SWI-Prolog Changelog since version 8.0.0
* FIXED: add -rdynamic to cflags to export symbols (fix #420) Only do
this if we do not put the Prolog core in a shared object. * After
cmake 3.4 -rdynamic is not added when building a
target. This breaks the android termux build. This patch
solves the problem.
* TEST: Fixed test that broke due to assert to a static procedure
unrelated to the test.
* FIXED: Issue#81: assert/1 and friends must produce a permission error
if the predicate is not dynamic and defined.
* FIXED: in_temporary_module/3: destroy the load context for files
loaded into this module.
* FIXED: load_files/2: Added predicate option declaration for
* CLEANUP: Proper range test (LONG_MAX -> INPTR_T_MAX)
* DOC: Updated expand_term/2 documentation.
* FIXED: possible crash when loading saved states that contain procedures
with NULL modules
* PORT: Generate i386 binaries on x86_64 Debian based Linux systems.
* BUILD: Updated minimum CMake version required to 3.5
* DOC: qsave_program/2: fix stack size documentation. Keri Harris.
* DIST: added packages/windows directory to source archive. Keri Harris
* DOC: library(http/http_client), option json_object(dict).
* FIXED: json_read_dict/2,3: allow options to define arbitrary terms
for true, false, null and end_of_file.
* FIXED: tokenize_atom/2 when the atom contains an illegal number could
result in a variable (unbound) extra token in the output.
* DOC: add table package docs