Names of unicode characters

Hans Nowak

Mar 9, 2016, 9:58:46 PM3/9/16
to SWI-Prolog
Hi,

I was wondering, is there a way in SWI-Prolog to refer to Unicode characters by name? For example, in Python I can do this:

In [4]: s = "\N{BLACK SPADE SUIT}"

In [5]: s
Out[5]: '♠'

In [7]: unicodedata.name(s)
Out[7]: 'BLACK SPADE SUIT'

Is there a similar way to do this in SWI-Prolog? I looked at the unicode library, but it doesn't seem to contain this functionality.

Thanks,

--

Hans Nowak

Paulo Moura

Mar 10, 2016, 4:04:02 AM3/10/16
to Hans Nowak, SWI-Prolog
Check the VivoMind Prolog Unicode Resources at:

https://github.com/VivoMind/unicode_data

It includes tables of Prolog facts for Unicode code points and their names.

Cheers,

Paulo

Paulo Moura
Logtalk developer

Email: <mailto:pmo...@logtalk.org>
Web: <http://logtalk.org/>

Hans Nowak

Mar 10, 2016, 11:36:15 AM3/10/16
to SWI-Prolog, zephyr...@gmail.com

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 4:04:02 AM UTC-5, Paulo Moura wrote:

Check the VivoMind Prolog Unicode Resources at:

https://github.com/VivoMind/unicode_data

It includes tables of Prolog facts for Unicode code points and their names.

Thanks!

--
Hans Nowak

Jan Wielemaker

Mar 11, 2016, 3:06:42 AM3/11/16
to Hans Nowak, SWI-Prolog
In addition, there is library(unicode/unicode_data). See comment at the
start how to use it. You must download the unicode data independently.
It isn't really for high performance querying unicode properties. It
is mostly used to generate C programs or Prolog programs for accessing
selected aspects of Unicode.

Cheers --- Jan