openlink rdf-editor

cc.carlo.cap

Jan 25, 2019, 2:13:56 PM1/25/19
to SWI-Prolog
Hi all

I wonder if https://github.com/openlink/rdf-editor could be supported.

The OpenLink RDF Editor enables editing of RDF documents (in TURTLE notation) stored in a variety of HTTP accessible documents.
It requires at least one of the following open standards:
  1. Linked Data Platform (LDP)
  2. WebDAV
  3. SPARQL 1.1 Update
  4. SPARQL Graph Protocol.
If none available, I'd like an hint - what of these could be 'more easily' implemented in SWI-Prolog http/semweb server model ?

Thanks, Carlo

Jan Wielemaker

Jan 27, 2019, 7:49:22 AM1/27/19
to cc.carlo.cap, SWI-Prolog
On 25/01/2019 20:13, cc.carlo.cap wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I wonder if https://github.com/openlink/rdf-editor could be supported.
>
> The OpenLink RDF Editor enables editing of RDF documents (in TURTLE
> notation) stored in a variety of HTTP accessible documents.
> It requires at least one of the following open standards:
>
> 1. Linked Data Platform (LDP)
> 2. WebDAV
> 3. SPARQL 1.1 Update
> 4. SPARQL Graph Protocol.
>
> If none available, I'd like an hint - what of these could be 'more
> easily' implemented in SWI-Prolog http/semweb server model ?

SPARQL 1.1 Update is available if you use ClioPatria. I have started
some work to turn the SPARQL part of ClioPatria into a stand-alone
library, but that isn't published yet. That is probably also the most
complicated thing to implement :)

I think Wouter has code for getting LDP out of Prolog, but not in?
For the others I have no information. Somebody may have done it.
A WebDAV server would be nice to have.

Cheers --- Jan

> Thanks, Carlo

Carlo Capelli

Jan 28, 2019, 1:23:53 PM1/28/19
to Jan Wielemaker, SWI-Prolog
Il giorno dom 27 gen 2019 alle ore 13:49 Jan Wielemaker <j...@swi-prolog.org> ha scritto:
On 25/01/2019 20:13, cc.carlo.cap wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I wonder if https://github.com/openlink/rdf-editor could be supported.
>
> The OpenLink RDF Editor enables editing of RDF documents (in TURTLE
> notation) stored in a variety of HTTP accessible documents.
> It requires at least one of the following open standards:
>
>  1. Linked Data Platform (LDP)
>  2. WebDAV
>  3. SPARQL 1.1 Update
>  4. SPARQL Graph Protocol.
>
> If none available, I'd like an hint - what of these could be 'more
> easily' implemented in SWI-Prolog http/semweb server model ?

SPARQL 1.1 Update is available if you use ClioPatria.  I have started
some work to turn the SPARQL part of ClioPatria into a stand-alone
library, but that isn't published yet.  That is probably also the most
complicated thing to implement :)

Hi Jan
Yes it's a lot of functionality. Looking in Cliopatria, I appreciated this explanation:

> We do not consider SPARQL adequate for creating rich semantic web applications. SPARQL often needs additional application logic that is located near the data to provide a task-specific API that drives the user interface. Locating this logic near the data is required to avoid protocol and latency overhead. RDF-based application logic is a perfect match for Prolog and the RDF data is much easier queried through the Prolog RDF libraries than through SPARQL. That said, SPARQL is still useful to support clients designed for it.

Fully agree, swipl (on wasm) will be a lot easier to me.

I think Wouter has code for getting LDP out of Prolog, but not in?
For the others I have no information.  Somebody may have done it.
A WebDAV server would be nice to have.

Will try a subset of verbs based on localhost filesystem (as simple RDF data-model) and proloxy. Seems appropriate for the task...
or is subseded by recent improvements on handlers path ?

Thanks, Carlo