PPA Warning: Weak digest algorithm

Starbeamrainbowlabs -

Jul 14, 2016, 2:09:37 PM7/14/16
to SWI-Prolog
Hello,

This is a notification that SWI-Prolog's Official PPA now triggers a weak digest key warning on Ubuntu Xenial and higher.

Here's the warning in question:

W: http://ppa.launchpad.net/swi-prolog/stable/ubuntu/dists/vivid/Release.gpg: Signature by key 73E75048FF27533C0D8DC521EF8406856DBFCA18 uses weak digest algorithm (SHA1)

This warning will be a fatal error as of January 1, 2017.

More information can be found about this change on the debian wiki.

--Starbeamrainbowlabs

Jan Wielemaker

Jul 15, 2016, 4:44:55 AM7/15/16
to Starbeamrainbowlabs -, SWI-Prolog
Thanks for warning. If you happen to know what to put where to fix it,
I'd be grateful ... The Debian wiki mostly says you should use stronger
hashes, not where they are specified. Doesn't seem to be part of the
`debian` dir.

Cheers --- Jan