How to change XPCE's theme?

He-chien Tsai

Sep 13, 2015, 2:29:30 PM9/13/15
to SWI-Prolog
since my emacs editor is completely dark, XPCE is blinding my eyes. I can't find any config that changes color.

Jan Wielemaker

Sep 13, 2015, 3:51:04 PM9/13/15
to swi-p...@googlegroups.com
On 09/13/2015 08:29 PM, He-chien Tsai wrote:
> since my emacs editor is completely dark, XPCE is blinding my eyes. I
> can't find any config that changes color.

Hmmm. You can edit/create ~/.xpce/Defaults and add

text_image.background: black
text_image.colour: white

The syntax highlight styles are defined in library(prolog_colour) and
may be overruled using e.g.,

:- multifile prolog_colour:style/2.

prolog_colour:style(goal(dynamic(_),_), [colour(green)]).

You can add these rules to ~/.swiplrc (recent versions, ~/.plrc for
older versions).

See the library for the available classes and their default colours
(predicate def_style/2).

Note that you can edit these config files from PceEmacs using the
menu Edit|Editor preferences and Edit|Prolog preferences. You need
to restart Prolog to see the effect.

Cheers --- Jan

He-chien Tsai

Sep 14, 2015, 10:00:12 AM9/14/15
to SWI-Prolog
But GUI isn't changed. I still can't find the reference about setting. I gave up and use emacs instead.

Jan Wielemaker於 2015年9月14日星期一 UTC+8上午3時51分04秒寫道:
On 09/13/2015 08:29 PM, He-chien Tsai wrote:
> since my emacs editor is completely dark, XPCE is blinding my eyes. I
> can't find any config that changes color.

Hmmm.  You can edit/create ~/.xpce/Defaults and add

text_image.background: black
text_image.colour: white

The syntax highlight styles are defined in library(prolog_colour) and
may be overruled using e.g.,

:- multifile prolog_colour:style/2.

prolog_colour:style(goal(dynamic(_),_),  [colour(green)]).

You can add these rules to ~/.swiplrc (recent versions, ~/.plrc for
older versions).

See the library for the available classes and their default colours
(predicate def_style/2).

Note that you can edit these config files from PceEmacs using the
menu Edit|Editor preferences and Edit|Prolog preferences.  You need
to restart Prolog to see the effect.

        Cheers --- Jan

Donald Winiecki

Sep 15, 2015, 7:06:30 AM9/15/15
to SWI-Prolog
I use EMACS as much or more than most and have set up my system to use SWI-Prolog in EMACS, but I understand the promise of performance benefits when using XPCE -- if only for access to the debugger.  I have questions similar to He-chien Tsai.

Where do I find the code that allows me to learn what are XPCE settings on appearance, and how to set those preferences?

Best,

_don winiecki
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/swi-prolog - private.

Quaker Quickoats

Jun 10, 2018, 9:14:56 PM6/10/18
to SWI-Prolog
It has been said, one must restart the Prolog system for changes to take effect. It works great here.