libpl (shared) not found

Apr 9, 2017, 8:00:50 AM4/9/17
to swi-p...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I installed Prolog in Mac OS X through the below command:

brew install swi-prolog

It installed version 7.4.1 of Prolog. when I run my program I have the below error:

libpl (shared) not found. Possible reasons:
SWI-Prolog not installed as a shared library. Install SWI-Prolog (5.6.34 works just fine)

what can I do?

Apr 13, 2017, 9:16:41 AM4/13/17
to SWI-Prolog
can any one help me?

Jan Wielemaker

Apr 13, 2017, 9:34:41 AM4/13/17
to B, SWI-Prolog
On 13/04/17 15:16, B wrote:
> can any one help me?
>
> On Sunday, 9 April 2017 16:30:50 UTC+4:30, B wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I installed |Prolog| in |Mac OS X| through the below command:
>
> |brew install swi-prolog |
>
> It installed version 7.4.1 of |Prolog|. when I run my program I have
> the below error:
>
> |libpl (shared) not found. Possible reasons: SWI-Prolog not installed
> as a shared library. Install SWI-Prolog (5.6.34 works just fine) |
>
> what can I do?

You already got some advice: libpl is now libswipl. Renaming didn't
work (and shouldn't). The big question is what `your program' is.
Is that something (C/Java/...) that embeds SWI-Prolog? If so, you
have to update the sources of that to reference libswipl. Not
unlikely some more work is needed as 5.6.34 is really old.

If your program is pure Prolog, this might indicate you cannot start
Prolog at all, possibly because you have a mixup of bits and pieces
of the old version and the new version. You'll have to do some
research. As we have no clue which old version was installed where
it is hard to comment. Find the Prolog executable (swipl), try to
start it. Possibly try `otool -L /path/to/swipl` to find its
dependencies, etc.

Don't start copying things everywhere. That is a common mistake,
typically resulting in a mixup of versions and/or parts that cannot
be found.

If that doesn't help, please include details what is installed where,
how you start what and what errors/warnings are displayed.

Cheers --- Jan

Apr 14, 2017, 2:52:38 AM4/14/17
to swi-p...@googlegroups.com, b.azi...@gmail.com
I want to use this tool: https://github.com/levilucio/SyVOLT
It requires DSLTrans which is requires prolog. In this link, there is some version of prolog that are compatible with this tool, but even I installed swi-prolog-5.6.64-leopard-powerpc.mpkg.zip I still have the same error?
Is there any change to system variable need? (if yes I thank you, you say how can I change it)