Lots of Winter Walking Opportunities!

Heather Bayles

Jan 9, 2012, 6:14:42 PM1/9/12
to South Waterfront Walks There
Hi South Waterfront Walkers!

We have a lot of fun walking opportunities and walking related events
in January/February:

1. January Weekday Walk: Join us as we meet at South Waterfront
Community Relations (address below) and go on an adventure to the
Portland Japanese Garden. We will combine streetcar, MAX, and trail
walking to reach the garden, then go on a self-guided tour of our
world famous Japanese garden.

The walk from Washington Park Max Station to the Portland Japanese
Garden is approximately 2.4 miles round trip in length and includes
steep and potentially muddy terrain. Please wear sturdy shoes, dress
in layers, and bring drinking water.

**Please RSVP to Heather Bayles at 503-972-3289 or
hea...@southwaterfront.com.

Tuesday, January 17, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Meet at South Waterfront Community Relations
Atwater Place, Unit 115
0841 SW Gaines Street, Portland, OR

WALK IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC; STREETCAR FARE WILL BE COVERED;
MAX FARE IS $1 HONORED CITIZEN/$2.10 ADULT; JAPANESE GARDEN ADMISSION
IS $7.75 HONORED CITIZEN/$9.50 ADULT.

2. Waterfront Wednesday: A (dog) Walk in the Park: Come learn the
benefits of dog walking from Lori Cory, owner of The Pavement Pooch, a
dog walking and pet sitting service offered to residents of the South
Waterfront. Expect extra discounts and incentives if you sign up for
services this evening. Bring your best friend or leave your dog at
home as you enjoy a fun filled evening of food, prizes, samples, and
information about The Pavement Pooch. Each guest will receive a swag
bag filled with goodies for you and your Pavement Pooch. The first 15
to arrive will receive extra special goodies!!

Wednesday, January 25, 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Umpqua Bank
3606 SW Bond Avenue, Portland, OR

FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

3. SW Moody Avenue Tour: Have you gone for a walk or bike ride on
the newly redesigned SW Moody Avenue yet? If so, you will have
noticed the beautiful and spacious new pathways for cyclists (two
directions) and pedestrians. After months of construction and cramped
pathways on Moody, it is a breath of fresh air.

Go behind the scenes on this guided walk and learn about the SW Moody
Project, what was done and why, and what the future holds for SW
Moody. Chris Armes from the City of Portland will lead this
informative walk.

Contact Pete Collins at 503-972-2830 or pe...@southwaterfront.com for
further information.

Wednesday, January 25, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Meet at South Waterfront Community Relations
Atwater Place, Unit 115
0841 SW Gaines Street, Portland, OR

FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

4. Winter Healthy Talk & Walk: In this two-part event, start by
joining South Waterfront Community Relations and OHSU Heart Research
Center at Umpqua Bank, Tuesday, January 31, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm to learn
about the benefits of walking from Dr. Melissa Novak, M.D. Dr. Novak
is a faculty member in the Sports Medicine and Family Medicine
departments at Oregon Health & Science University. Walking pedometers
will be given out at the presentation.

Then, get your New Years resolutions off to a good start by
challenging yourself to use those pedometers, and keep using them!
Meet us at South Waterfront Community Relations (address below) on
Saturday, February 4 for our Winter Healthy Walk – Hawthorne Bridge to
Steel Bridge Loop – rain or shine. Please wear sturdy walking shoes,
dress in layers, and bring drinking water. This walk is approximately
5.3 miles and is mostly flat, but does include some stairs at the
Hawthorne Bridge. Return to South Waterfront Community Relations
after the walk for hot beverages and treats to warm you up!

**Please RSVP to Heather Bayles at hea...@southwaterfront.com or
503-972-3289. Let us know if you will attend just the Talk, just the
Walk, or both.

Talk: Tuesday, January 31, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Umpqua Bank
3606 SW Bond Avenue, Portland, OR Map It

Walk: Saturday, February 4, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Meet at South Waterfront Community Relations
Atwater Place, Suite 115
0841 SW Gaines Street, Portland, OR

FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

Heather Bayles

Jan 16, 2012, 3:26:20 PM1/16/12
to South Waterfront Walks There
Hi Walkers!

Please note that due to poor (very muddy) trail conditions, we must
postpone this month's weekday walk to the Japanese Garden. We will
have to stick primarily with sidewalk/pavement walks during the winter
months, but will plan to reintroduce this particular walk this
summer.

We are still going to do a walk tomorrow, it will be our basic one
hour out and back walk to Willamette Park, and will meet at the same
time, 11:00 am at the SWCR office, Atwater Suite 115.

Thank you and see you there!

Heather

On Jan 9, 3:14 pm, Heather Bayles <heatherbay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi South Waterfront Walkers!
>
> We have a lot of fun walking opportunities and walking related events
> in January/February:
>
> 1.  January Weekday Walk:  Join us as we meet at South Waterfront
> Community Relations (address below) and go on an adventure to the
> Portland Japanese Garden.  We will combine streetcar, MAX, and trail
> walking to reach the garden, then go on a self-guided tour of our
> world famous Japanese garden.
>
> The walk from Washington Park Max Station to the Portland Japanese
> Garden is approximately 2.4 miles round trip in length and includes
> steep and potentially muddy terrain.  Please wear sturdy shoes, dress
> in layers, and bring drinking water.
>
> **Please RSVP to Heather Bayles at 503-972-3289 or
> heat...@southwaterfront.com.
> Contact Pete Collins at 503-972-2830 or p...@southwaterfront.com for
> further information.
>
> Wednesday, January 25, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
> Meet at South Waterfront Community Relations
> Atwater Place, Unit 115
> 0841 SW Gaines Street, Portland, OR
>
> FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
>
> 4.  Winter Healthy Talk & Walk:  In this two-part event, start by
> joining South Waterfront Community Relations and OHSU Heart Research
> Center at Umpqua Bank, Tuesday, January 31, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm to learn
> about the benefits of walking from Dr. Melissa Novak, M.D.  Dr. Novak
> is a faculty member in the Sports Medicine and Family Medicine
> departments at Oregon Health & Science University.  Walking pedometers
> will be given out at the presentation.
>
> Then, get your New Years resolutions off to a good start by
> challenging yourself to use those pedometers, and keep using them!
> Meet us at South Waterfront Community Relations (address below) on
> Saturday, February 4 for our Winter Healthy Walk – Hawthorne Bridge to
> Steel Bridge Loop – rain or shine.  Please wear sturdy walking shoes,
> dress in layers, and bring drinking water.  This walk is approximately
> 5.3 miles and is mostly flat, but does include some stairs at the
> Hawthorne Bridge.  Return to South Waterfront Community Relations
> after the walk for hot beverages and treats to warm you up!
>
> **Please RSVP to Heather Bayles at heat...@southwaterfront.com or

Betty Jung

Jan 16, 2012, 4:47:02 PM1/16/12
to swfwal...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Heather. I was wondering. My interest was in the Japanese
Gardens. I will connect on another walk. Thanks for the
notification.

--

Betty Jung, BROKER, RE/MAX equity group
"Successfully Selling Real Estate Since 1975"