This Saturday's Walk

Heather Bayles - South Waterfront Community Relations

Apr 18, 2011, 3:28:52 PM4/18/11
to South Waterfront Walks There
Hi South Waterfront Walkers!

I hope you're looking forward to this Saturday's walk at 10am on April
23. The planned route for the walk is an out and back walk starting
outside the South Waterfront Community Relations Townhome at Atwater
Place #115, along the Willamette Greenway to Willamette Park, and
back.

After planning this first walk, I've unfortunately realized that I
will be out of town this Saturday. I hate to miss this first walk and
meeting all of you, but I'm looking forward to picking back up on the
following Saturday, April 30.

Please respond and let me know if you have done this walk before and
know your way. As long as at least one person planning to walk this
Saturday knows this walk, I think we should be fine.

My thoughts are that this Willamette Greenway route could be our
signature walk that we plan to do most weekends, but that we throw in
different, fun walks once a month or so:
-One great 1-hour walk that I went on yesterday with my dog was a
walk up through the Lair Hill neighborhood. There were some great
hills!
-I'd like to map out another walk in that direction, involving
some of the fantastic old stairways in that area, but will need to try
to find a route that does not involve running across highways...
-Another could be a quick streetcar ride to the Riverplace stop
and then a walk around the west waterfront and eastbank esplanade,
crossing the river at the Hawthorne Bridge and Steel Bridge.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on ideas and routes as well!

Thanks!

Heather Bayles
Community Relations Manager
South Waterfront Community Relations/Transportation Management
Association
P: 503.972.3289
0841 SW Gaines Street, Suite 115 | Portland, OR 97239
http://www.southwaterfront.com