GWT Uploader Released

Shawn Quinn

Dec 3, 2012, 6:03:59 PM12/3/12
to swfu...@googlegroups.com

We're happy to announce that we've released version 1.0.0 of the GWT Uploader library. GWT Uploader is a freely available open source GWT library that encapsulates the file upload capabilities provided by the File and XMLHttpRequest Level 2 APIs as well as the SWFUpload library.

Using GWT Uploader allows for enhanced file upload dialogs (multiple uploads, drag and drop, queues, parallel streams, etc.) and interactive interfaces (upload progress indicators, real-time throughput display, etc.) within GWT applications using pure Java code that provides a consistent experience across all browsers.

If the browser is capable of handling file uploads using a modern HTML5 approach, the upload is handled using pure DOM elements and Javascript events. In the case that the browser does not support the modern approach (most notably IE 9 and earlier), the GWT Uploader component instead transparently handles the uploads via the Flash-based SWFUpload library.

You can read more about GWT Uploader, see numerous examples, and access the documentation off of the project page here:

http://www.moxiegroup.com/moxieapps/gwt-uploader/