Chrome, Windows 7, Error #2038 on upload

Doug Davis

Feb 11, 2013, 5:53:58 PM2/11/13
to swfu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am using Chrome to upload files with SWFUpload.  When I try to upload a file, the progress bar seems to indicate that the file made it.  Using Wireshark, I can see that the server is sending back a  HTTP 1.1 200/OK.  However,  I am still getting an Error #2038 which turns into a Server (I/O) Error. This only happens in Chrome. Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Flash version 11,5,31,139

Chrome
Version 24.0.1312.57 m (up to date)

SWFUpload.version = "2.2.0 Beta 5 2008-01-29";

Thanks,
Doug

James Wright

Feb 11, 2013, 6:20:58 PM2/11/13
to Doug Davis, SWFUpload
Doug,

Some ideas from the past:

1. Are you resizing? If so don't upload CMYK images
2. What is the total pixel size you are trying to upload? Anything over 4096x4096 will fail

And from Ramon Poca:

Our URLs had SPACES in them. Replacing them with + or %20 fixed the issue.

Good luck!

Drag+drop Limited
Developers of EzAdsPro
08000 43 22 12

Doug Davis

Feb 11, 2013, 6:44:53 PM2/11/13
to swfu...@googlegroups.com, Doug Davis

Hello.  I am not resizing.  It happens on any file, most of them are not images.  Our URL does not have spaces. Thanks.

Doug Davis

Feb 12, 2013, 2:19:12 PM2/12/13
to swfu...@googlegroups.com
Found out that this is just a bug in the Chrome-specific (Pepper) version of Flash.  It is an older version that is supposed to update automatically when there is a new Chrome version available.   However users can speed up the upgrade process by installing the newest (non Chrome-specific) Flash version.

1.  In Chrome, get the newest version here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer.  If it tells you that Chrome will update Flash automatically, still choose to download.
2. You may uncheck McAfee Security Scan Plus and follow the instructions to download
3. Type chrome:plugins into the Chrome address bar.

4. Click "Details" to the right of the flash plugin.  You will see two versions installed.

5. Click "Disable" by the older version (probably 11.5).

James Wright

Feb 12, 2013, 2:27:29 PM2/12/13
to Doug Davis, SWFUpload
Thanks for posting back to the list!