Images rotating in browser

Anon Visitore

Nov 7, 2011, 1:43:24 PM11/7/11
to SWFUpload
Image type - jpg/jpeg

Using the SWFUpload Application demo, when I upload photo's that I
took with my phone, no problem, but when I upload photos that have a
portrait orientation they are rotated to the right 90 degree's.

The photo's look right in iPhoto, preview, bridge, photoshop, but open
them in any browser, even local on my box, they are rotated right.

Doing some research, it seems the problem might be the exif meta data.

Has anyone had this issue and could you share your fix?

Thanks,

- AV

James Wright

Nov 7, 2011, 2:25:42 PM11/7/11
to Anon Visitore, SWFUpload
AV

Are you resizing the image? If so the problem is going to be that the EXIF data is stripped on upload.

James.

Tom McQuarrie

Mar 4, 2015, 7:25:14 PM3/4/15
to swfu...@googlegroups.com
The issue is definitely the exif, I just encountered the same issue.  High end cameras will always store the image in landscape orientation, then use exif metadata to define a rotate.  So the solution would be to either update swfupload to persist the exif data to the resized image, or get it to detect the image rotate and factor that in to the auto resize.  Anyone had any luck in this regard?