SWFUpload bug in IE9

fairest36

Aug 22, 2011, 10:44:01 PM8/22/11
to SWFUpload
IE9 seems to have a bug with SWFUpload embeds, whereby if you try to
call "getAttribute / removeAttribute / setAttribute" on the element,
an "object expected" error is raised. And I found that the cleanUp()
function in the swfupload.js remove all the js functions including
"getAttribute / removeAttribute / setAttribute" from the object DOM in
IE9. Is it a known issue of SWFUpload? Anyone solution for this issue?

sirmoreno

Aug 31, 2011, 7:02:24 AM8/31/11
to SWFUpload
In SWFUpload.prototype.cleanUp

Change:
if (typeof (movieElement[key]) === "function")

To:
if (typeof (movieElement[key]) === "function" && key[0] <= 'Z') //
Remove only Flash functions (starts with capital letters).

Took us 2 days to find.

fairest36

Sep 1, 2011, 9:15:43 PM9/1/11
to SWFUpload
Thank you!

TZQ

Aug 23, 2013, 4:06:44 AM8/23/13
to swfu...@googlegroups.com
It's not working with dialog

TZQ

Aug 23, 2013, 4:22:34 AM8/23/13
to swfu...@googlegroups.com
add
.swfupload {
    z-index: 10000 !important;
}

Chris Bier

Nov 25, 2013, 4:59:55 PM11/25/13
to swfu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much for this, it solved my issue! Do you have any more information on why this was happening in the first place?

Thanks again!!!