swf autoplay controls

Kirk

May 10, 2012, 10:15:02 PM5/10/12
to SWFObject
Hello,

Am using dreamweaver to insert swf files into tables and new to
coding, but using tiny 1 minute swf videos for web narrations,
320x240.

The flv and swf located in the root site folder.

However, even though it's skinned with playback controls that work,
for some reason dreamweaver's swf implementation script forces the swf
to start playing automatically.

Works great but can't figure out how to change the autoplay option
back to manual.

Autoloop and autoplay are unchecked in the propties panel.

Oh, btw, when doing xhtml slicing out of fireworks into dreamweaver,
css with in line table slices, can I just delete a 320 x 240 block in
dreamweaver and insert the media into the empty box lilke I have been
doing?

Or are there some browsers that require a div tag and if so does that
take up any pixel space that might break apart the slicing in certain
browsers?

Hope I explained that clearly enough..

Thanks everybody!

Kirk

Sam Sherlock

May 11, 2012, 1:53:50 AM5/11/12
to swfo...@googlegroups.com

Depends on the video player your using (its not directly a swfobject related issue)
http://groups.google.com/group/swfobject/browse_thread/thread/a664206f4983e02?pli=1

we can't go into the specifics of the video player your using (so many exist)
this question comes up alot I would recommend the longtail player (linked above)

 - S

Kirk