Re: FlexGlobls.topLevelAppliaction problem when using SWFObject

doahh

Aug 31, 2012, 11:34:36 AM8/31/12
to swfo...@googlegroups.com
Although this feature still exists, it is no longer a problem for me.

My problem was caused by using error.getStackTrace() in a non-debug version of the Flash Player without calling Capabilities.isDebugger first.

On Friday, August 31, 2012 12:56:55 PM UTC+1, doahh wrote:

I have also posted an issue about this at the Adobe forums.

The problem is that in Internet Explorer when I use FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication I am not returned the Application Object. Instead I am returned either:

1) The attributes.id parameter value if it is specified;
2) The id of the div which the SWF is in.

This only happens in Internet Explorer when I am using a HTML wrapper. It also seems that this only occurs when using SWFObject. Using an <Object tag does not show the error, neither does viewing the SWF directly in Internet Explorer. Here is a demo app that shows the problem:

1) Using a HTML wrapper;
2) Accessing the SWF directly;
3) Using an Object tag rather than SWFObject in a HTML wrapper.

The results of calling FlexGlobals.topLevelAppliaction at each of the above links are:

1) Flexglobals - The id of the attributes.id <= this is wrong;
2) Main0;
3) Main0;

This issue is killing my application and I can't find a workaround for it. Can anyone provide any suggestions?

I am not certain that this is an issue with SWFObject, but I am unsure how to test any further.