SWFObject work with a second player on page?

allwe...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2014, 1:27:22 PM1/22/14
to swfo...@googlegroups.com
I have two SWF modules located on my home page--one is an animated version of the logo (has to be SWF to look right) and the other is a "cover flow" style module. For some reason, I can't get SWFObject to display the file when the second module is anywhere on the site. Is this a known issue, or is there something I can sort out to make it work?

If it's possible to withhold the url (the company hasn't launched yet), I'd appreciate it, but if necessary I will do so.

Sam Sherlock

Jan 22, 2014, 1:43:54 PM1/22/14
to swfo...@googlegroups.com
is it possible for you to share the code you are using?

could it be you have a clash of IDs?
On 22 January 2014 18:27, <allwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have two SWF modules located on my home page--one is an animated version of the logo (has to be SWF to look right) and the other is a "cover flow" style module. For some reason, I can't get SWFObject to display the file when the second module is anywhere on the site. Is this a known issue, or is there something I can sort out to make it work?

If it's possible to withhold the url (the company hasn't launched yet), I'd appreciate it, but if necessary I will do so.

allwe...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2014, 10:24:40 AM1/23/14
to swfo...@googlegroups.com
Aha! I'm not sure what all of this means, but I think this is where the problem is--ImageFlowFX is the second module, not part of the swfobject module:

<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
var params = {};
params.base = "";
params.scale = "noscale";
params.salign = "tl";
params.wmode = "transparent";
params.allowFullScreen = "true";
params.allowScriptAccess = "always";
swfobject.embedSWF("ImageFlowFX.swf", "DivImageFlowFX", "350", "325", "9.0.0", false, flashvars, params);
</script>

allwe...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2014, 10:33:43 AM1/23/14
to swfo...@googlegroups.com
PS: this is the only div id, there is nothing for the actual SWFObject module, even tho it's been sent to the correct position and published in Module Manager.

Aran Rhee

Jan 23, 2014, 11:57:04 AM1/23/14
to swfo...@googlegroups.com
So this is a definition to display one swf. You said you had 2, and that 1 wouldn't display. What does the code look like to load the 2nd file?

Note - DivImageFlowFX is the div you are targeting for the ImageFlowFX.swf