Don't get it...

Harry

Apr 14, 2011, 4:57:45 AM4/14/11
to SWFFit
hi there,

I've come across a project recently that uses swffit but I dint quite
see it's purpose, what's the difference between this and setting max
and min height or widths in CSS?

EarlyOut

Apr 14, 2011, 8:13:27 PM4/14/11
to SWFFit
When you use just CSS, does the SWF actually resize itself to fit the
window?

Miller Medeiros

Apr 14, 2011, 10:25:09 PM4/14/11
to swf...@googlegroups.com
swffit was created back in 2006.. at that time IE6 was still the most used browser by far and IE6 doesn't support min-width/height..

another reason is that using plain CSS you still need some JS to resize the flash movie during runtime.. so using JS since the beginning sounded as the best approach for broader browser support and extra features...

IE7 have some issues with min-width on absolute positioned elements (required for proper behavior on other browsers) and centering element after max-width also doesn't work properly.

here you can find how to do a CSS only version that should work on IE8+/ FF/Chrome/ Safari/Opera: http://temp.millermedeiros.com/swffit/test-noJS_2.html

I've been delaying to code a new version of swffit that uses this technique for modern browsers for almost 2yrs.. not coding flash that much since then.

cheers.

On Apr 14, 2011, at 9:13 PM, EarlyOut wrote:

> When you use just CSS, does the SWF actually resize itself to fit the
> window?

Harry

Apr 20, 2011, 11:29:42 AM4/20/11
to SWFFit
Okay, thanks fro clarifying, I just wanted to check in case I ended up
removing it to only find it did something I wasn't aware of...

Thanks.