Help!!

phil....@hotmail.co.uk

Mar 19, 2011, 12:59:28 PM3/19/11
to SWFFit
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum and I was hoping for some help and
advice.

I am trying to get SWFFit to work for my Flash portfolio site.

My site is 1024x768, it looks great viewed on a 17" display and above.
The problem is when my site is viewed on a laptop, netbook or tablet
the screen resolution is the same or lower than my site. Therefore the
dreaded scroll bars are appearing at the bottom and sides of the
browser.

I was hoping this plugin would combat this problem and allow my site
to be viewed in its entirety no matter what the display resolution or
browser size is.

I've have experimented with the code but I can't seem to get it to
work.

My site can be viewed at:

www.nineteeneightyone.co.uk

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I can't get this to work I
will probably consider rebuilding my site in Dreamweaver.

Many thanks,

Phil

Miller Medeiros

Mar 19, 2011, 6:03:36 PM3/19/11
to swf...@googlegroups.com
swffit is working as intended.. the idea is exactly to show scrollbars if the window is smaller than the minimum size.. another option is to set minimum width and height to 1 and set the scalemode inside flash to scale.. but that usually isn't a good idea, text won't be readable.

cheers.

phil....@hotmail.co.uk

Mar 21, 2011, 12:07:24 PM3/21/11
to SWFFit
Hi,

My site displays with scrollbars whether I use SWFFit or not (Only on
a screen res of 1024x768 or lower). For example my site that is
currently live was published without the SWFFit plugin.

My understanding was that this plugin would combat this problem. As my
entire site was designed at 1024x768 this is obviously a problem when
the site is viewed on small browsers on small screens. I was under the
impression that when SWFFit was implented within the Flash movie no
matter what sized browser or resolution of display the entire site
would be automatically scaled and adjusted in size so that no
scrollbars are present.

At the moment it doesn't make any difference if I use it or not.

Unfortunately when I experiment with the publish settings within Flash
I can't combat the problem. If I export at 800x600 for example then
the quality of the elements in the movie is affected.

I do not really want to completely rebuild the site in Flash as
smaller dimensions. I think the only alternative would be to build it
using HTML in Dreamweaver.

Thanks,

Phil

On Mar 19, 10:03 pm, Miller Medeiros <lis...@millermedeiros.com>
wrote:
> swffit is working as intended.. the idea is exactly to show scrollbars if the window is smaller than the minimum size.. another option is to set minimum width and height to 1 and set the scalemode inside flash to scale.. but that usually isn't a good idea, text won't be readable.
>
> cheers.

lolka_bolka

Mar 21, 2011, 12:49:15 PM3/21/11
to SWFFit
I am not sure, i understand your problem exactly.

I checked your site in 1376 x 768.

First of all, dont forget, some of the users have a lot of toolbars in
ff, ie, etc... so the height is always changing. Now i have the right
scrollbar.

I am a web developer, and sometimes i meet with this problem, because
the content has not enough length to show the right scrollbar, and
when it has, the page is "jump" left 20px.

So i decided, i will always show the right scrollbar, and optimize my
sites to this canvas.

You can achive this, if you use this in your css file:

html {overflow-y: scroll}

On Mar 19, 5:59 pm, "phil.gru...@hotmail.co.uk"

phil....@hotmail.co.uk

Mar 21, 2011, 12:58:35 PM3/21/11
to SWFFit
Hi,

Thanks for you response.

The full size of my site (stage) is 1024x768px.

My problem is that I want to know if there is anything I can do to my
Flash site so that no matter what sized browser the site is viewed on
it is automatically adjusted to fit with no side or bottom scollbars.

I thought that this SWFFit plugin would do the trick but it hasn't.

I only have an intermediate skill level in Flash, If I can't get
anything to do the trick I'd rather design a traditional looking site
in Dreamweaver. The point of the design of my Flash site is that its
always 100% visible. It looks stupid with having to slightly scroll
down and to the right to view the site in its entirety.

Thanks,

Phil