SWFFit, Firefox and Snow Leopard - issues with browser resizing.

jimk

Jun 2, 2011, 8:59:38 PM6/2/11
to SWFFit
Hi Miller,

Nice work with SWFFit!

This example stopped working when I upgraded to Snow Leopard (which
I'd put off doing for about two years!):

http://swffit.millermedeiros.com/example.html

When using Firefox 4, the Flash content disappears while resizing the
browser, only to reappear when you stop resizing.

I'm mentioning this to you on the off chance that you've heard of this
issue and might know both the cause and a fix.

Any ideas at all would be helpful!

Thanks!

Miller Medeiros

Jun 2, 2011, 9:05:51 PM6/2/11
to swf...@googlegroups.com
it seems to be a browser bug. no idea on how to fix it since it happens even on my simple test page that only uses CSS to limit the flash size...

I'm not coding Flash websites lately and been incredibly busy with other projects so not sure if I will have time to find a solution...

if anyone find a solution please fork swffit on github and ask for a pull request: https://github.com/millermedeiros/swffit

thanks!

Miller Medeiros

Jun 2, 2011, 9:13:46 PM6/2/11
to swf...@googlegroups.com
I've created a new ticket for this bug: http://code.google.com/p/swffit/issues/detail?id=17

jimk

Jun 2, 2011, 9:14:55 PM6/2/11
to SWFFit
Thanks for the quick reply!

If you figure something out or hear anything, please post it!

FWIW, it's not fixed in FF 5.0 beta. Sad...

jimk

Jun 2, 2011, 9:18:24 PM6/2/11
to SWFFit
I can only verify this bug exists on Mac. Do you know if it also
exists on PC?

Miller Medeiros

Jun 2, 2011, 10:13:33 PM6/2/11
to swf...@googlegroups.com