Final details for the auction of my large videogame and computer collection (including thousands of boxed computer games)

Bill Loguidice

May 25, 2018, 2:06:31 PM5/25/18
to swco...@googlegroups.com
OK, everyone, the final details for my massive personal vintage and modern videogame and computer auction set for May 31, 2018 in Edison, NJ (online too!), have been posted. Please share if you're able and thanks once again for all the support.

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade, Inc.

Authored Books and
Film; About me and other ways to get in touch

Stuart Feldhamer

Jun 6, 2018, 7:46:40 AM6/6/18
to swco...@googlegroups.com
Here's the video I just posted with some footage of the massive amount of stuff that was auctioned off, along with audio commentary.

https://youtu.be/kNUR-6d3baQ

Bill, you owe "buyer 521" big time. ;)

Stuart

Jason Scott

Jun 6, 2018, 9:28:09 AM6/6/18
to swco...@googlegroups.com

hugh...@mindspring.com

Jun 6, 2018, 1:02:02 PM6/6/18
to swco...@googlegroups.com
How did this auction work?  Was it all done from Bill's house.. and people watched and bid over the internet?  Or did Bill have to move all of that stuff somewhere and everyone physically showed up there?

Jason Scott

Jun 6, 2018, 1:03:27 PM6/6/18
to swco...@googlegroups.com
The materials were taken to a convention center rented for roughly a dozen auctions by an auction house, the items laid out on a set of tables, and then the party moved through the collection tables with designations of what was being auctioned (usually by the box or pile) and then people bidding on them and then walking away or storing what was bought. It was hours.

Ianoid

Jun 6, 2018, 2:54:31 PM6/6/18
to Software Collectors
What was the final take?

I had fun bidding on the online auctions. They went so fast! Very satisfying.

Such an amazing collection. I admire Bill's ability to be decisive and move forward with his life after collecting.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/swcollect.

Dan Chisarick

Jun 6, 2018, 3:17:03 PM6/6/18
to swco...@googlegroups.com

They don’t disclose the final take (I asked).

Based on my informal observation the non-system stuff went extremely cheap (books, controllers, cables, and misc electronics). $10-30 for half a table or more.

I don’t recall the systems (consoles and computers) going for all that much. I wasn’t really paying that much attention. There were exceptions of course (one auction went for $600 because there was a component of an Altair computer in there).

The software and games is where prices started to go up. Some went as low as $10 (minimum bid). $600-700 was the highest I noticed (there could have been some that went for more). Generally they’d grab a handful of games and start bidding at $10-$50 (they started at 4 items per lot but as the night progressed and there were still mountains of stuff to go the lots got progressively bigger just to move it all).

My SWAG? Maybe 125-150k? Everyone present heard the final bids. Technically you could write them all down and get an exact number but it started at 3pm and I left around 1:30am and there was still stuff left. It all had to go even if they had to stay until 7am (the drop dead cutoff).

Ianoid

Jun 6, 2018, 4:09:15 PM6/6/18
to Software Collectors

Ian Baronofsky

Jun 6, 2018, 4:10:12 PM6/6/18
to swco...@googlegroups.com
Let the flipping begin, I mean.

Stuart Feldhamer

Jun 6, 2018, 8:32:03 PM6/6/18
to swco...@googlegroups.com
There is a lot of stuff being flipped right now.

Stuart

Dirk Oliver Schulz

Jun 12, 2018, 3:11:14 PM6/12/18
to swco...@googlegroups.com
And here I though the LAPC-I prices were crazy.

I'm almost sure I have that same set of parts lieing around, MT-32 still in its original packaging ... could be an MCB-1, though, not an IPC (what's the difference?).

Any idea anyone how this price came about? The MT-32 alone usually goes for about $50 give or take, doesn't it?
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Software Collectors" group.

Dan Chisarick

Jun 12, 2018, 3:54:20 PM6/12/18
to swco...@googlegroups.com

My guess: It came from nowhere. The high price is an anchoring effect.

From: <swco...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Dirk Oliver Schulz <di...@mail.vintagegames.net>

Date: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 3:11 PM
To: <swco...@googlegroups.com>

Subject: Re: [SWcollect] Re: Final details for the auction of my large videogame and computer collection (including thousands of boxed computer games)

On 06.06.2018 22:09, Ian Baronofsky wrote:

Let the flipping begin, I mean.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 3:09 PM, Ianoid <ian...@gmail.com> wrote:

Let the flipping being?