Vintage Computer Federation

Lee K. Seitz

Nov 20, 2016, 7:46:09 AM11/20/16
to SWCollect
Anybody else get added to the Vintage Computer Federation's email list without solicitation?
--
Lee K. Seitz * lks...@hiwaay.net
Sorry, my phone doesn't do random quotes. If it doesn't feel right

Dan Chisarick

Nov 20, 2016, 8:12:45 AM11/20/16
to swco...@googlegroups.com
Nope. What address do they send from?

Lee K. Seitz

Nov 20, 2016, 8:25:59 AM11/20/16
to swco...@googlegroups.com
It came from ev...@vcfed.org. They say they're a conglomeration of "the Mid-Atlantic Retro Computing Hobbyists user group, the Vintage Computer Forum, and the Vintage Computer Festival event series."

Sam O'nella

Nov 20, 2016, 12:49:29 PM11/20/16
to swco...@googlegroups.com
I'm guessing but you may have been a member of the Vintage Computer Forums at one time? Unless you attended a vintage computer festival and gave your email then. I know I'm on the mailing list from my forum association.

Jim Leonard

Nov 20, 2016, 12:59:26 PM11/20/16
to swco...@googlegroups.com
On 11/20/2016 6:46 AM, Lee K. Seitz wrote:
> Anybody else get added to the Vintage Computer Federation's email list
> without solicitation?

I think the entire VCF forum (now at www.vcfed.org/forum) was added for the
initial push email. If you unsubscribe from Evan's post, I think that will
take care of it if you want to have nothing to do with the VCF.
--
Jim Leonard (tri...@oldskool.org)
Check out some trippy MindCandy: http://www.mindcandydvd.com/

Lee K. Seitz

Nov 20, 2016, 1:28:40 PM11/20/16
to swco...@googlegroups.com
This is one of the few cases I don't mind being subscribed. I just don't think I've ever given my e-mail address to any of the organizations listed, so I'm curious where they got it. Of course, maybe I've just forgotten.

On 11/20/2016 6:46 AM, Lee K. Seitz wrote:
> Anybody else get added to the Vintage Computer Federation's email list
> without solicitation?

I think the entire VCF forum (now at www.vcfed.org/forum) was added for the
initial push email. If you unsubscribe from Evan's post, I think that will
take care of it if you want to have nothing to do with the VCF.

Jim Leonard

Nov 20, 2016, 4:25:00 PM11/20/16
to swco...@googlegroups.com
On 11/20/2016 12:28 PM, Lee K. Seitz wrote:
> This is one of the few cases I don't mind being subscribed. I just don't think I've ever given my e-mail address to any of the organizations listed, so I'm curious where they got it. Of course, maybe I've just forgotten.

A registered email address is how you sign up for the VCF forum, so I'm
assuming Erik K. just mined the emails from that database.