Bye-bye hardware

Lee K. Seitz

Sep 10, 2016, 3:59:54 PM9/10/16
to Software Collecting
Tis a sad day. I'm cleaning out the garage. Time to let all this
hardware I've done nothing with for years go.

--
Lee K. Seitz * lks...@hiwaay.net * http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/
"Nobody's perfect

Stuart Feldhamer

Sep 10, 2016, 8:09:40 PM9/10/16
to swco...@googlegroups.com
Hey, this is SWCollect, not HWCollect, buddy!!! :)

Stuart

Sam O'nella

Sep 11, 2016, 4:58:28 AM9/11/16
to swco...@googlegroups.com
So now that we know Stuart isn't going to get any ;-) are you offloading any specific way? Could post it to the cctalk or vcf site if it's vintage or interesting.

Pedro Quaresma

Sep 11, 2016, 5:51:05 AM9/11/16
to swco...@googlegroups.com
We can rename the group from SWCollect to HWSquander for this topic only! ;)

Dan Chisarick

Sep 11, 2016, 8:24:28 AM9/11/16
to swco...@googlegroups.com
XWCollect

Lee K. Seitz

Sep 12, 2016, 11:13:00 PM9/12/16
to swco...@googlegroups.com, Sam O'nella
Unfortunately, there was an urgent need for space in the garage, so it all went to the curb. However, either a post to Craigslist or a random passerby (the latter seems unlikely) resulted in it all disappearing. I don't even know what all I had, but I think it ranged from 286s to Windows XP machines and several CRTs. I kept one CRY and my old Windows 95 machine that probably won't boot (to Windows from the hard drive, anyway) since it was the last machine I had with a 5.25" drive. Too bad it doesn't have USB ports. Guess I'll have to burn files to CD-ROM to transfer them.

Oh, wait, did I see an Ethernet port on it? Hmm, actually that may have been an Ethernet card I tried installing, but it didn't work. I really need to get my files off all my floppies.

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 3:59 PM, Lee K. Seitz <lks...@hiwaay.net> wrote:
Tis a sad day. I'm cleaning out the g! arage. Time to let all this

hardware I've done nothing with for years go.

--
Lee K. Seitz  *  lks...@hiwaay.net  *  http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/
"Nobody's perfect
Not even a perfect stranger"
     -- Chrissie Hynde (The Pretenders), "Time the Avenger"

Lee K. Seitz * lks...@hiwaay.net
Sorry, my phone doesn't do random quotes. If it doesn't feel right
without one, go to http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/sigs/.

Jim Leonard

Sep 12, 2016, 11:30:53 PM9/12/16
to swco...@googlegroups.com
On 9/12/2016 10:12 PM, Lee K. Seitz wrote:
> I think it ranged from 286s

/me sheds a tear. You threw away a 286? Those go for enough money on ebay
that they are typically worth your time to list, pack, and ship.
--
Jim Leonard (tri...@oldskool.org)
Check out some trippy MindCandy: http://www.mindcandydvd.com/

Lee K. Seitz

Sep 13, 2016, 2:42:06 AM9/13/16
to swco...@googlegroups.com
You're kidding me! Oh, well, I guess that's why someone was willing to come get it all. I should say that they were mostly untested and I'm pretty sure all the hard drives were dead.

Besides the Pentium, there's one other system left, only because it was too much trouble to get to. It's probably a 386 or 486. Oh, and I think I saw an original PC/XT keyboard in a box I still have.

If the list allows attachments, I'll follow up with a photo of it all on the curb.

On 9/12/2016 10:12 PM, Lee K. Seitz wrote:
> I think it ranged from 286s

/me sheds a tear. You threw away a 286? Those go for enough money on ebay
that they are typically worth your time to list, pack, and ship.

Lee K. Seitz

Sep 13, 2016, 2:45:24 AM9/13/16
to swco...@googlegroups.com
And one broken turntable.