A little selling

Hugh Falk

Jun 27, 2017, 8:15:57 AM6/27/17
to swco...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'll be moving at the end of August so I'm going to be putting some stuff up on ebay over the next few weeks. Word of warning, my 15-year-old son is helping me with the listings, so he may not be as diligent as I've been historically, but he's gotta learn sometime. Anyway, ask me if you have any questions:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/hughfalk?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Expect about 5 - 10 a day to be listed.

Hugh

Pedro Quaresma

Jun 27, 2017, 8:19:53 AM6/27/17
to swco...@googlegroups.com
I see no CURIOUSITY scale on any of the listed games - therefore they are not sanctioned by GOTCHA!

(what a blast from the past!)

Hugh

hugh...@mindspring.com

Jun 27, 2017, 8:47:29 AM6/27/17
to swco...@googlegroups.com

Ha!  You (and a few others on this list) are some of the very few who will have any clue what CURIOSITY is.  Good times, though.  Wow, can't believe that was created over 13 years ago!  On that note, GOTCHA has been "gone" for a long time, but for those that don't know (and not sure if this was ever public), it was moved to www.hughfalk.com.  However, it wasn't moved by me, it was actually John Romero who bought hughfalk.com and put the site up there.  A VERY nice thing of him to do... he still owns my name to this day :-)

So anybody who still wants to see GOTCHA, can see it here:  http://hughfalk.com/searchindex.htm

The old java-based menu that used to navigate the site has long-since broken.  So that page is the best way to look at the old pages.

Also, pretty cool that ebay still saved my selling templates from a decade+ ago with all the GOTCHA info on it.  So that made it pretty easy.

Dan Chisarick

Jun 27, 2017, 9:18:17 AM6/27/17
to swco...@googlegroups.com
Aye. Posting velocity has definitely waned compared to years gone by but I’m glad to still see the occasional pings from the list.

It seems year over year I get a little bit further and further away from the things I want to do in terms of total time spent doing those things. There just comes a point where you have to make a decision that either those things are no longer relevant and you should just let go and embrace reality. Alternatively those things are important and your priorities are out of whack. For me it was the later. I just didn’t anticipate the sheer weight of some of the commitments I’ve made. So I’ve let go of a lot of little things (nothing major, don’t read anything into it) to focus on the bigger things. That said I eagerly anticipate the forthcoming list of goods and see if any of it (*cough* Apple ][) is missing from my stash.

John Romero

Jun 27, 2017, 4:06:43 PM6/27/17
to swco...@googlegroups.com
Yep, the domain is still working fine. At some point I will try to get all the games in the database moved to one I control.

FYI, I now own Nasir Gebelli's Apple ][+, his Super NES Emulator he used to create Secret of Mana, and I have all his NES hardware used to create Final Fantasy 1-3.

John
——————————————————————————-------------------------------------------------------------------
John Romero
President
Loot Drop, Inc.
jo...@lootdrop.com
650.743.8694

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure and/or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by email and/or telephone, destroy and delete all copies of the original message and any attachments thereto.

Dan Chisarick

Jun 27, 2017, 4:13:20 PM6/27/17
to swco...@googlegroups.com
Pics? :)

Jim Leonard

Jun 27, 2017, 4:43:22 PM6/27/17
to swco...@googlegroups.com
On 6/27/2017 7:19 AM, Pedro Quaresma wrote:
> I see no CURIOUSITY scale on any of the listed games - therefore they are not
> sanctioned by GOTCHA!

Ah, but they do use the MobyScale grading scale, so naturally I'm happy (as a
prospective buyer, too).
--
Jim Leonard (tri...@oldskool.org)
Check out some trippy MindCandy: http://www.mindcandydvd.com/

Jim Leonard

Jun 27, 2017, 4:46:08 PM6/27/17
to swco...@googlegroups.com
On 6/27/2017 8:18 AM, Dan Chisarick wrote:
> Aye. Posting velocity has definitely waned compared to years gone by but I’m
> glad to still see the occasional pings from the list.

Most people have migrated to the "Big Box PC Collectors" group on Facebook.
The group name implies PC/compatibles software, but it is open to all personal
computer platforms. There is a companion group for listing things for sale,
name escapes me.