The use of pre-defined stream and watershed

Salam Abbas

Mar 18, 2015, 8:20:52 AM3/18/15
to swat...@googlegroups.com
Dear everyone,

I want to use my own subbasins and my own stream with ArcSWAT on the Watershed Delineation step because my area is quite flat. There is Pre-defined section where we can add watershed dataset and stream dataset. I understood all the attribute table for user watershed in the folder named ExInputs and I've made my case study and it works correctly. However, I just cannot understand the ARCID column in user stream attribute table  (I have just shapefile of river). When you look the example stream's attribute table in ArcSWAT directory, you will see numbers (ARCID)completely different from subbasin ID's and Grid_Code.

Could anyone please help me to understand what is ARCID? and  how can I find it?

Additionally, I keep getting the following error message during subbasin parameter calculation (last step of watershed delineation) when using the predefined watershed and stream layers in ArcSWAT 2012. I think I closely followed the example files to prepare the watershed and stream layers. Any ideas what might have gone wrong? Your expertise is highly appreciated.

===================
Error Number: 5
Error Message: Item has already been added. key in dictionary '3' key
Module name: mSWFlow
Function name: Setparameters
Procedure (error line or description): 6 GRIDCODE=3
====================

Many thanks in advance,

Salam

Grey Evenson

Mar 18, 2015, 8:40:53 AM3/18/15
to Salam Abbas, swat...@googlegroups.com
Hello Salam,

Regarding your first question, the ARCID is defined as the "Unique reach feature ID" in the ArcSWAT documentation (pg 368 of C:\SWAT\ArcSWAT\ArcSWATHelp\ArcSWAT_Documentation_2012.pdf (if using the latest ArcSWAT). Thus, I don't believe the ARCID should correspond to the subbasin codes. Double-check the pdf.

Regarding the error message, I would suggest double-checking that you have everything as it is listed in the pdf I mentioned. The error message makes me think your features are not coded correctly...

Good luck,
Grey

Sonam Sandeep Dash

Feb 15, 2017, 2:28:37 AM2/15/17
to SWAT-user
What is the solution to your problem? I am also facing the same problem.