Not Responding Problem

13 views
Skip to first unread message

Deboneel Kundu

unread,
Sep 14, 2026, 11:13:58 AMSep 14
to SWAT-user
I tried to use SWAT from last one week,first i try swat+(ArcSwat+) in ArcGIS Pro 3.5.3, but it cannot identify MPI in the location "C:\Program Files\Microsoft MPI\Bin," but it shows the error ERROR: Cannot find mpiexec program C:\Program Files\Microsoft MPI\Bin\mpiexec.exe, although there is a file.
"
------------------- TauDEM command: -------------------
C:\Program Files\Microsoft MPI\Bin\mpiexec.exe -n 8 C:\Users\Deboneel Partho\SWATPlus\TauDEM539Bin\AreaD8 -p E:\SWAT_Learning\1.Practice\SWAT\LGB_Basin\Watershed\Rasters\DEM\LMB_DEM30p.tif -nc -ad8 E:\SWAT_Learning\1.Practice\SWAT\LGB_Basin\Watershed\Rasters\DEM\LMB_DEM30ad8.tif
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.*** Problem with TauDEM AreaD8: please examine output above. ***"

Then after several tries, I try to work with Arcswat, but this time there is no problem with MPI. It can identify the mpiexec.exe file, but it takes hour after hour and then shows no response.
I am just fed up that it's almost one week, but I cannot set the software yet.

How can I solve this?

Chris George

unread,
Sep 14, 2026, 12:15:50 PMSep 14
to Deboneel Kundu, SWAT-user
I am sorry you have a frustrating problem.

Is your E drive remote? If so it is probably a good idea to try running
on the local machine. Start by copying your DEM on to the local
machine, plus the burn-in file if you are using one, and then try
delineation again.

Since you are running areaD8 some earlier steps (pit fill and flow
direction) must have completed OK earlier. You could also try removing
everything but the DEM from the Watershed/Rasters/DEM folder and
starting from the beginning. The p file you are using to generate the
ad8 file is a flow direction file, and if that has a loop then I guess
areaD8 could loop.

If you can't make progress send me your DEM file (plus burn-in if any)
and I will investigate.

Chris


On 9/12/2026 7:48 AM, Deboneel Kundu wrote:
> I tried to use SWAT from last one week,first i try swat+(ArcSwat+) in
> ArcGIS Pro 3. 5. 3, but it cannot identify MPI in the location "C: 
> \Program Files\Microsoft MPI\Bin," but it shows the error ERROR: Cannot
> find mpiexec program C: \Program Files\Microsoft
> ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
> This Message Is From an External Sender
> This message came from outside your organization.
> ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "SWAT-user" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> an email to swatuser+u...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:swatuser+u...@googlegroups.com>.
> To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/
> swatuser/502f539a-9094-4c20-89db-de4dd7155403n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/
> swatuser/502f539a-9094-4c20-89db-de4dd7155403n*40googlegroups.com?
> utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer__;JQ!!KwNVnqRv!HQdgPrVyxE3Pb--
> UibAL0YQEezxYYcPeryU2UwT0tDgTWvxpAFlATNKBpk91nJBY2_WTQ_GnC8vFjr0HfG7AhA$>.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages