Plant growth/uptake problem

Jim Monchak

May 3, 2023, 9:54:03 PM5/3/23
to SWAT+
Greetings,
My model is showing very low levels of N and P plant uptake.  Results from SWAT Check show that Total Fertilizer N = 135.8 kg/ha, but N plant uptake is only 0.39 kg/ha.  Also in the "Nitrogen Cycle" section of SWAT Check, the "Inorganic N Fertilizer" input for NH4 shows 0.00-which is strange because my watershed is dominated by corn and soy and I've set up the management schedule so that anhydrous ammonia is periodically injected (141 kg/ha).

I don't know why this is happening and I've tried some hard calibration (within SWAT+ Editor) using many of the parameters mentioned in the "SWAT Theoretical Doc" (section 5.2.3-Nutrient Uptake by plants).  I'm still getting very low uptake values, and I am wondering if there is something else wrong with my model, but  I'm not sure where to look?  Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Ncycle.jpg

yinan ning

May 8, 2023, 6:05:08 AM5/8/23
to SWAT+
My result looks very similar like yours! I'm also waiting for a answer!

Than's anybody's help!

Vitor Malagutti

Jun 24, 2024, 9:40:47 AM (6 days ago) Jun 24
to SWAT+
Greetings!

I have a very similar problem, have you figured out why this was happening?

Thanks!