Input soil and fertiliser information

Souvanik Maity

Oct 11, 2022, 2:58:41 AM10/11/22
to SWAT+
I have some soil data for a few locations, like N, P, and K. Can I input these soil data in the SWAT+ model? I also have some fertilizer information on the exact location. How do I input these data in the SWAT+ model? I want to find the effect of non-point source pollution. Need help.

Natalja C.

Oct 12, 2022, 3:28:42 PM10/12/22
to SWAT+
Hello,
The soil properties can be an input in your nutrients.sol file. Select the relevant locations and update the information in this file.
The fertilizer is applied in the LU management section. You can find some examples with the standard swat+ installation.
All the best,
Natalja

Message has been deleted

Souvanik Maity

Oct 17, 2022, 4:42:35 AM10/17/22
to SWAT+
I think in SWAT+ model there is no such section where I can input my coordinates
soil(1).png

Natalja C.

Oct 26, 2022, 9:57:43 AM10/26/22
to SWAT+
Hello,
Swat does not operate based on "coordinates", but rather on landscape positions. Your HRUs (that are a combination of soil, LU, slope) are VIRTUAL. Meaning, that you CANNOT map them. Yes, QGIS will show you their "location", but that is not  how one should think. As soon as you press "create HRUs", you are transforming your model from spatial data into virtual grid, which is not associated with actual X,Y coordinates, only their position in the watershed (distance from the stream, how it is connected to other objects, etc.).
If you want to add the data to a "coordinate", then you need to do so at the data preparation stage. Determine which soil type has this nutrient information and add it in the initiation file for that soil type.
All the best,
Natalja