No (=0) crop yield values after change from auto management schedule to manual schedule

Jonas

Aug 15, 2023, 8:30:20 PM8/15/23
to SWAT+

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a hydrological model of the Mula-Mutha catchment area in the western Ghats in India for a hydrology course. Over the past semester I learned the basics of QSWAT+ and how modelling works generally but the software is still kind of new to me.

However, for the final assignment I have to change model parameters with the objective to for example mitigate climate change consequences and analyze the outcomes.

I chose to take a look at the irrigation management of the areas used for agriculture. The auto management schedules in the SWAT+ editor were deleted and individual crop rotation schedules were added manually to adjust them to conditions of the investigated area.

So, my first idea was to take a look at the impact of changes in irrigation management on the crop yield.

Attempting this, I realized that the values in the crop yield output files (i.e., "crop_yld_aa") are always 0.

However, when I run the simulation using the auto management schedules, there are actual values for the crop yield.

Ultimately, I would like to know why the output values using the modified schedule are always 0.

I'd appreciate any helpful advice.

(QGIS version: 3.22.3; SWAT+ Editor version: 2.0.4)

I attached a screenshot of one of the crop species' modified schedule.

Many thanks!

Untitled.png

Vitor Malagutti

Jun 21, 2024, 11:55:41 AM (9 days ago) Jun 21
to SWAT+
Hi Jonas,

I have a very similar problem. Have you figured out what was it?

My crop yield is always 0. And I also have 0 stress days of water, N, or P, which is a bit weird. There is no uptake of nitrogen or phosphorus neither.

Best,
Vitor

Revanth Mamidala

Jun 22, 2024, 4:07:38 PM (8 days ago) Jun 22
to SWAT+
Hello,
Yes, I have same issue. Unless we use the default management schedule, pl_hv_summer1(corn) in my case. I applied pl_hv_summer2
_corn_soyb and many other combinations to find out the yield simulated to be zero.