simulated flow tends to zero

Gwenola Plougoulen

Oct 26, 2022, 4:02:35 AM10/26/22
to SWAT+
Hello everyone,

I run my model and got this figure when comparing simulated flow (blue) with observed flow (orange).
Pearson coef = 0,35
NSEC = -0,32
Vire_St-Lo-2_PLOT.png

I notice that simulated flow is very variable and tends to zero m3/s almost every two days.
Could anyone explains this ?
Which parameter should I adjust for a better simulation ?

In advence, thank you for any advice !

Gwen

Osvaldo Luis BARRESI

Oct 26, 2022, 2:44:50 PM10/26/22
to Gwenola Plougoulen, SWAT+
Hello Gwenola,

I would look at your aquifer parameters:

In the aqu.aqu file, look at dep_bot (height of the aquifer) and set flo_min to this value, so you can have an aquifer response (in math terms dep_bot = flo_min).
Then you need to set a realistic sp_yld value, I don't know your zone, but let's suppose that you don't have a shallow aquifer, so a sp_yld between 0.1-0.15 should sustain enough aquifer flow.
After, try to set a realistic percolation for your zone. Once you feel like you're percolating well, try different alpha values (you can run the baseflow program which is in the SWAT website)

Good luck

Osvaldo Luis Barresi
Doctorant en modélisation hydrologique et changement climatique

Laboratoire Ecologie Fonctionnelle et Environnement
Université Toulouse III - Paul Sabatier
UMR 5245 - CNRS - UPS - INPT

Tél : +33 (0)7 81 46 45 95
mail. osvaldo-luis....@univ-tls3.fr