Modeling BMPs

Simir birihan

Apr 12, 2024, 9:31:47 AMApr 12
to SWAT+
Dear All,
I am currently working on modeling Best Management Practices (BMPs) for TER, VFS, and GWWY with the aim of reducing surface runoff and sediment loss. However, I have encountered a challenge. There seems to be no noticeable effect on the reduction of surface runoff and sediment loss before and after the BMPs are added to each land use and land cover.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or guidance you could provide on this matter.

Thank you in advance for your support.
BMPs no effect.PNG
before and after BMPsPNG.PNG

Natalja C.

Apr 24, 2024, 11:49:10 AMApr 24
to SWAT+
Hello,
Please check the difference in your channels. The water balance computed on the basin scale might not reflect these subtle changes.

Best,
Natalja

Simir birihan

Jun 27, 2024, 3:42:44 PM (3 days ago) Jun 27
to SWAT+

Hello,

I would like to inquire whether it is mandatory to edit channel properties with respect to terrace properties in order to accurately capture the effectiveness of management practices. If you have experience in modeling management practices, could you please share the procedure for adopting these practices?

Thank you for your support.