SWAT+ error - "Unable to update input files directory"

31 views
Skip to first unread message

SD Wittachchi

unread,
Sep 21, 2026, 10:09:25 PMSep 21
to SWAT+ Editor

Dear Members,

I am getting this error in SWAT+ Editor when I try to run the model:"Unable to update input files directory."[screenshot attached].My simulation period is 1984.01.01 to 2013.12.31

My project path is on C: drive and the Scenarios/Default/TxtInOut folder does exist. I have tried closing all files and running as Administrator, but the error still comes. I have attached my wgn files  with this email for your reference. Please let me know how to fix it.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Best regards,

S.D.Wittachchi


DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this email and delete the message from your system. Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email or its attachments is strictly prohibited. Rajarata University of Sri Lanka reserves the right to monitor, review, and disclose the content of all email communications through its networks in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Kithulgala.tmp.cli.txt
Hanwella.tmp.cli.txt
Glencourse.pcp.cli.txt
Holombuwa.pcp.cli.txt
Deraniyagala.pcp.cli.txt
Hanwella.pcp.cli.txt
Deraniyagala.tmp.cli.txt
wgn.csv
Glencourse.tmp.cli.txt
wgn_mon.csv
Kithulgala.pcp.cli.txt
editorerror.png
Norwood.tmp.cli.txt
Holombuwa.tmp.cli.txt
Norwood.pcp.cli.txt

Jaclyn Tech

unread,
Sep 24, 2026, 10:25:45 AMSep 24
to SWAT+ Editor
First, please update to version 3.2.5 of the editor (note the version 3 and not 4). This will keep your version of the model the same but with the most patched version of the editor. Download here: https://github.com/swat-model/swatplus-editor/releases/tag/v3.2.5

If the error persists, please send your full project folder zipped. I will need the full database and structure to look at this error.

Thanks,
Jaclyn

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages