How to improve baseline model NSE

10 views
Skip to first unread message

Retang Mokua

unread,
Sep 14, 2026, 11:14:15 AMSep 14
to SWAT+ Editor
1. Primary Issue Report Template
Component: QSWAT+, SWAT+Editor
Area of Impact: Model output 

2. Software Version
QGIS 3.34.3, SWAT+ 3.0.3, SWAT+ Editor 3.2.0

3. Project Characteristics
 Watershed: 57 km2, Mountainous catchment
Model Aim: Water balance, ET, flow simulation to determine land use and cover impacts on flow production

4. Description issue

I have successfully run my baseline model; however, the NSE and R2 are very poor. I am trying to figure out the next step to improve the model but have no idea where to begin. My model produces very high peaks and close to zero flow for dry periods, while my watershed has perennial streams and baseflow.  I will attach my TXTinOut folder for your assessment upon request. I would appreciate your assistance in diagnosing where the real problem could be.





Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages