How to do calibration for 2 separate periods (2002-2004 &2009-2010 for calibration and 2005-2008 for validation) in SWAT-CUP

mohamed ouarani

Aug 30, 2022, 10:52:29 AM8/30/22
to SWAT-CUP
Hello dear SWAT-Cup users,

Please, I built a model of my study area and I am trying to calibrate it and validate it. To do so I divided the period (2000-2010) in 3 periods; 2000 & 2001 as warm-up,  2002-2004 & 2009-2010 as a calibration period and 2005-2008 as validation period. This choice is justified by the need to have calibration and validation periods with similar means and variances.
The problem is that I do not know how to implement this on SWAT-Cup.
What I did is just considering the entire period (2000-2010) in the file.cio (see the screenshot) while for the observed.txt file, I just deemed the observed value for the calibration period (2002-2004 &2009-2010). It's like I have considered the validation period as missing data (screenshot below), I don't know if this could work or this will in somehow mislead the results...

Thank you in advance!
Mohamed Ouarani

Cio_file.PNG
Observed_rch_txt (1).PNG
Observed_rch_txt (2).PNG

Sushma Poudel

May 22, 2024, 12:44:56 PMMay 22
to SWAT-CUP
Hi, Can you share with me how did you solve the issues?

sumendra meena

May 24, 2024, 4:29:19 AMMay 24
to swat...@googlegroups.com
First of all do the calibration by inserting data for the period.After calibration click on the validate button and do again the calibration for the remaining period.

sumendra meena

Ibrahim BM

May 24, 2024, 4:29:26 AMMay 24
to swat...@googlegroups.com
Why two periods of calibration? You can just do it one after one.