SWAT-CUP error during SUFI2_post.bat

岡本拓也

Sep 26, 2017, 11:14:33 PM9/26/17
to SWAT-CUP
Hello everyone.

I am trying to run SWAT-CUP to calibrate hourly flow in my target watershed.
Firstly, I am trying to run with default parameter setting for 10 times simulation.
However, it shows me the error message as attached when I start SUFI2_post.bat. (Line 2 in message means "Could not find ~")
I read several comments about the same error message as mine from other group members and I checked input file. But i could not understand the cause of error.

I also attach input folder and file.cio file.
Hourly flow calibration may be not common. But can anyone solve this error?
I am looking forward your kind support.

Best regards.
Okamoto Takuya
error during SUFI2_post.JPG
SUFI2.IN.zip
file.cio

Abbaspour, Karim

Sep 28, 2017, 6:03:34 AM9/28/17
to swat...@googlegroups.com

Do output files exist and are extracted properly?

Karim

岡本拓也

Sep 28, 2017, 6:55:25 AM9/28/17
to SWAT-CUP
Dear Karim

I appreciate your quick reply.

Do "output files" mean some files in SUFI2.OUT folders or simulation output from swat.exe?
I could get only 3 files in SUFI2.OUT.
I think hourly flow output file is successfully created (FLOW_11.txt and .dat file ?). But I am not sure it is extracted properly. How do I know that?

Best regards.
Okamoto

2017年9月28日木曜日 19時03分34秒 UTC+9 Abbaspour:
SUFI2.OUT.zip

Abbaspour, Karim

Sep 28, 2017, 7:46:11 AM9/28/17
to swat...@googlegroups.com

It’s a bit of version issue!

Delete the line below from the observed.txt file

1     : if objective function is 11=MNS (modified NS),indicate the power, p.

岡本拓也

Sep 28, 2017, 9:59:06 PM9/28/17
to SWAT-CUP
Dear Karim

Thanks a lot for your kind support!

It seems that I could solve the error.
However, another error appeared.

Attached contains message from SUFI2_post.
After the message "finished reading observation file, reading 1", obs #1~26304  should have appeared, right? But it have not. Only obs #1 appeared.
Therefore, 95ppu.txt file in SUFI2.OUT contains only 1 line.

Thanks again.

Okamoto

2017年9月28日木曜日 20時46分11秒 UTC+9 Abbaspour:
error during SUFI2_post 2.JPG
SUFI2.OUT.zip

Sonam Sandeep Dash

Dec 15, 2017, 1:36:12 AM12/15/17
to SWAT-CUP
How did you solve that error?

岡本拓也

Dec 15, 2017, 2:42:20 AM12/15/17
to swat...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Yes, I could solve it but the cause was not clear.

I conduct hourly calibration.
I just replaced SUFI2_goal_fn file to a new one (from another project which run successfully) and I could run successfully.
I'm not sure the details about these errors.

Regards.
okamoto

Diva Bhatt

Jul 31, 2018, 8:38:57 AM7/31/18
to SWAT-CUP

Dear Karim,

I too am getting the same error as Okamoto. As you suggested that Echo folder cannot be empty for there can be some mistake in the input file. So is it the 'TxtInOut' that you refer as 'input file'? How should I know what is it that is not okay with the 'TxtInOut' file?

Thanks & Regards,
Diva
SWAT-CUP_Error.jpg
SWAT-CUPError1.JPG
TxtInOut.JPG

Karim Abbaspour

Jul 31, 2018, 11:25:03 AM7/31/18
to swat...@googlegroups.com
please follow the manual. There is a clear step by step explanation.

Karim

Diva Bhatt

Jul 31, 2018, 11:46:21 AM7/31/18
to SWAT-CUP
Thank you very much, I shall.

Diva Bhatt

Aug 3, 2018, 2:53:22 AM8/3/18
to SWAT-CUP
Dear Karim,

I went through the user manual of SWAT-CUP and found that I had installed the SWAT-CUP in else where than in the C:\SWAT. I re-installed it and gave it the run. This time the error, I suppose,is coming at the SUFI2_Run. Bat. I attach the snap shot, even now the SWAT-CUP is at this step only and it has been 48 hours the desktop on which it is running switched on without any power breakdown.

Have I gone wrong some where? If yes, then where? I really don't have any clues. The manual doesn't contain any instruction to solve such a problem, please do help me.

Regards,
Diva Bhatt
SWAT-CUPError2.jpg

Karim Abbaspour

Aug 3, 2018, 3:13:34 AM8/3/18
to swat...@googlegroups.com
This is caused by an error in the observation file, most likely the timing. Check the files in echo folder for a clue. Also make sure you have the newest version of the program.

Karim
<SWAT-CUPError2.jpg>

Diva Bhatt

Aug 3, 2018, 4:18:35 AM8/3/18
to SWAT-CUP
Dear Karim,

Thank you very Karim for this prompt reply...let me go through the observation file and the files in the Echo folder and would report the progress.

Yes I have the older version of SWAT-CUP that is Dec2016_5.1.6.2, I am trying to dowload the newer 2018_5.1.6.2. I am getting 503 error 'cannot connect to FTP server' and so it is not getting downloaded. Will it be possible for you to attach the setup in the group?

Regards,
Diva

Bhim Ghale

May 25, 2022, 6:12:45 AM5/25/22
to SWAT-CUP
Dear all and Karim,

                                     I have the same problem. Do somebody help me, please.

Best Regards

Bhimerror.png

halima...@gmail.com

May 25, 2022, 8:02:10 AM5/25/22
to SWAT-CUP

at first glance, your observed.txt is completely different from your observed_rch.txt

Bhim Ghale

May 30, 2022, 3:10:31 AM5/30/22
to SWAT-CUP
Hi Halima,

                   Thank you for your response. Then how to solve the problem?

Bhim Ghale

Best Regards

Bernard Robenson

Jun 4, 2022, 1:50:13 PM6/4/22
to SWAT-CUP
Dear Bahim
Did you solve the problem I am having the same exact error. Can you please share the solution
Kindest regards

Bhim Ghale

Jun 5, 2022, 7:02:22 AM6/5/22
to SWAT-CUP
Hi Berandro,

                    Still not waiting for the response of Karim or another expert.

Best Regards

Bhim Ghale

Bernard Robenson

Jun 5, 2022, 8:54:22 AM6/5/22
to SWAT-CUP
Thanks for your quick reply. Is there any further suggestion to handle this issue?

Kindest regards
Bernard

Ayik

Jun 5, 2022, 3:44:48 PM6/5/22
to SWAT-CUP
There must be an error in the observed_rch.txt or/and observed.txt files. Please check the timining of your observed data.
Regards

Stephen Owen Okwang

Nov 28, 2022, 10:37:11 PM11/28/22
to SWAT-CUP
Hello researchers, did you find out what was wrong. And if yes please am facinf the same problem. i arranged my obsserved data weell, but i can not make more that one simulation. But when i do one simulation it runs but the simulated curve is almost zero. when i do more than one, it says that simulation 2 couldnt be found. please advise. am using SWATCUP 2019 and SWAT2012. i am modelling a river basin using monthly flow. thanks
ero.jpg