Write back the parameters in arc swat?

tooryalay ayoubi

Feb 29, 2016, 10:04:45 AM2/29/16
to SWAT-CUP
 Hello dear Dr. Karim and all swat-cup users.

I have problem in writing back the calibrated parameters in ARC-SWAT 2012.
i used 8 parameters in swat cup as the following, the snow had much effect on my result.

1:R__TIMP.bsn
2:R__SMFMN.bsn
3:R__SMFMX.bsn
4:R__SMTMP.bsn
5:R__SFTMP.bsn
6:R__CN2.mgt
7:R__SOL_AWC(..).sol
8:V__ESCO.hru goal_value

But when i want to write it back to swat, the .Bsn file in calibrated folder gives me wrong value.
Water Balance:
       20.000000    | SFTMP : Snowfall temperature [�C]
       -1.805374    | SMTMP : Snow melt base temperature [�C]
        1.182578    | SMFMX : Melt factor for snow on June 21 [mm H2O/�C-day]
        1.898976    | SMFMN : Melt factor for snow on December 21 [mm H2O/�C-day]
        1.000000    | TIMP : Snow pack temperature lag factor

could you please help me what is the solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Abbaspour

Feb 29, 2016, 12:47:20 PM2/29/16
to swat...@googlegroups.com
Look at the manual "how to put best parameters in swat..."
Karim
Message has been deleted

tooryalay ayoubi

Feb 29, 2016, 1:32:24 PM2/29/16
to SWAT-CUP

Thanks Dr. abbasspour for your reply.
I did based the swat cup manual page 66 and it is mentioned the steps:

1‐ Note the number of the best simulation in the Summary_Stat.txt file
2‐ In the SUFI2_swEdit.txt set the starting and ending simulation values both to the number of the best simulation in step 1.
3‐ Under Calibration, run SUFI2_run.bat. Do not run SUFI2‐Pre.bat.
this was the result after doing steps.

Now i am confused that, from which folder i should past the parameters back to manual calibration helper of swat. is it correct to past from the best_par of last iteration?
please help me and tell me the steps. i couldn't find any solution for that.

thank you so much.

Abbaspour, Karim

Feb 29, 2016, 1:41:19 PM2/29/16
to swat...@googlegroups.com

Don’t understand what you want to do! After calibration with swatcup you want to put the parameters back in ArcSWAT to do manual calibration? What is the point of that? You can use swatcup to do manual calibration also.

Anyhow, after following the steps, the swatcup project directory contains the swat files with the best parameters. If you want to go back to ArcSWAT, then you need to copy these files to the ArcSWAT txtinout directory.

Not sure if this is what you are asking.

Karim

--

Message has been deleted

tooryalay ayoubi

Feb 29, 2016, 2:06:32 PM2/29/16
to SWAT-CUP

thanks Dr. Abbaspour.

you are right, I want to put the parameters back in Arc SWAT to do manual calibration after calibration by  swat cup.
i will do it as your advice
.

Thank you so much.

Message has been deleted

tooryalay ayoubi

Mar 2, 2016, 4:32:08 AM3/2/16
to SWAT-CUP
Dear Dr Abbaspour;
As you mentioned before that After the calibration in swat cup , copy files to ArcSWAT txtinout directory.

I did the following steps :
1 - copied all Text files from swat-cup folder to arc swat folder.
2- did the  Rewrite swat inputs files, in Arc swat .
3- run the model .
but after running the model the compared simulated vs observed was same like before calibration result.  the question is here,  is my steps correct or not?
 the parameters which i calibrated with are :

1:R__TIMP.bsn
2:R__SMFMN.bsn
3:R__SMFMX.bsn
4:R__SMTMP.bsn
5:R__SFTMP.bsn
6:R__CN2.mgt
7:R__SOL_AWC(..).sol
8:V__ESCO.hru goal_value

please guide to me the exact files and the way that how i should go and write the parameters back to Arc SWAT model , I need to see the water yield result after calibration.

Thanks in advance.
Message has been deleted

Priya

Dec 5, 2018, 11:31:47 AM12/5/18
to SWAT-CUP
I did my calibration and validation and now I manually calibrated in arcswat but after rerunning my model with the calibrated parameters I am getting error

Jonathan

Mar 3, 2020, 8:31:49 AM3/3/20
to SWAT-CUP
Hi Dr. Ayoubi and Dr. Abbaspour,

I am having a similar problem now. I ran the best sim in swat-cup, copy-pasted the files from swat cup directory to txtinout folder in arcswat, then the results are the same as that before calibration. Now I tried to manually change the parameters using manual calibration helper (as guided by the best pars in swat cup) to imitate the parameters, however it yields different result. Have you found the solution to your problem? I might be missing an important step. Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Collins Acheampong

Sep 17, 2021, 8:32:34 AM9/17/21
to SWAT-CUP
Hi Jonathan
How did you solve this problem. Can you provide me with steps you used to get swat-cup simulated and swat manual calibration in Arcswat as same

abdessala...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2022, 10:32:01 AM10/23/22
to SWAT-CUP
anay one have solution for this issue, discussed above ! thanks