Calibration of Soil Moisture Data in SWAT Model

Kamal Ziaul Islam

Jun 25, 2024, 8:01:17 AM (5 days ago) Jun 25
to SWAT-CUP
Hi everyone,

I am having difficulties obtaining soil moisture (SM) information. I noticed that the soil moisture data is available in the output.swr file, which provides daily HRU-wise and layer-wise SM data (Soil Storage in mm). The structure is as follows:

```
          Layer #
Day     HRU          1          2          3          4
```

Additionally, the output.hru file includes SM data at SW_INITmm and SW_ENDmm. I want to manually calibrate this SM data using measured sensor SM data at any depths of 10cm, 20cm, and 30cm. However, I am a bit confused about how to approach the calibration.

Note: I have already calibrated the model with streamflow data. Now, I would like to use SM data for calibration. Could anyone offer some suggestions?

Regards,
Kamal